I-pod trouble can't add/manage my songs?

Ok, so i didn't know I could only use 1 computer to upload songs and I tried uploading songs from my laptop (after I had already uploaded songs from my desktop) and now my Ipod is going bonkers. I can't see any of the music in my library anymore, and I don't even know how to add more music.

Do I have to erase all the songs I had already uploaded and start fresh all over?

WTF is going on?

Does anyone know how to get the music from my ipod to a file on my computer so ican re-install after I refresh?

Note: When I open i-tunes and click on my ipod there are no songs listed in my library. like if i didn't have anything on my ipod.

I can play them fine (listen to them) , i just can't access from my pc or I can't seem to be able to add any songs 'cause I'm afraid I will erase the other ones if i do sync

PLEASE HELP!!!

Favorite Answer

don't worry

just start afresh

sync your iPod with the library of your choice

and your done

and try reseting your iPod

If it isnt an ipod shuffle you can use as many computers as you want. I have used my ipod on about 8 computers with no problems whatsoever.

There is a very good free program you can get that will let you put all your music from your ipod onto your computer and then you also have the option to add it to itunes and rebuild your playlists. My advice is to first look to see if your music is still on your computer. If it is all you will be doing is putting it on twice. If you want a fresh start I would remove and then reinstall itunes. Then use this program I will tell you about to download your music, add the songs to itunes and rebuild your playlists. Then I would restore your ipod to factory specs and make sure you download the newest software with the ipod updater to your ipod.

go to download.com and search for music rescue by kennettnet. It is a great program that lets you put music from your ipod onto your computer, adds the music to itunes, and then rebuilds your playlists. It is free but if you dont buy the full version after every 50 songs you upload to your computer it will ask you to buy the program. Just exit the box and it will keep going. Before you start go under preferences in the music rescue program and make sure you ignore and continue if there are problems with any files. One or two files might have something on them that doesnt let you copy and if you dont switch this default it will stop altogether and ask you how you want to fix it. Then you have to restart the uploading of songs and its a pain. One click of a button will stop that from happening.

You can do this for all computers you plan to use for your ipod so that your music is wherever you need it and you have a backup of your music just in case.

good luck.

I had something similar happen with mine. Just reset your iPod and start over again.