easy 10 points for literature and english major?

Any one can get ahead in America if he or she work hard enough.Do you agree?Why or why not?

business man with his brain and know how to employ it in the right way, right time could make a fortune that the farmer never ever dream of.

In other hand, even though the business man make more money than the farmer. He may not ever feel he is rich. He will try harder, use all his skill and talent to expand his business. He may not feel scarified until he is as rich as Bill Gates. He would never seems himself as success and always try to looking forward for a new ambition.

Compare to the business man, the farmer might not have a brand new car, a Victoria house and taste gourmet dishes in a deluxe hotel but then he is happy with his life. His family are important than everything. He feels he is success because he has a house to live, have a job to work, have a family to come back home after a long day in the field.

I want to point out that because in my personal opinion I think that every one needs to work hard in order to become useful for the society they live and for their own good, but to be success have to let themselves decide.

Any way I can make this better? Does any bad grammar in my essay? If does, please fix it

10 points for good answer ~ :)

my teacher also need that the essay need to show my perspective about my achivement, what had led to develope this view, my understanding of connection between two thing

did my essay show all the elements?

Favorite Answer

Anyone can get ahead in America if he or she works hard enough. Do you agree? The answer to that is yes and no. Hard work is often not enough. In your example, farmer versus businessman, there are few occupations requiring more actual hard work than is engaged in by a farmer. But your example also presumes farmers generally aren't financially successful. That is a poor assumption. Per capita, farmers are equally successful as businessmen. Consider, running a farm with success does not mean steering an iron plow behind a pair of oxen. It means planning crop efficiency by rotating fields, averaging crop yields, making financial decisions in the commodities markets, hiring and firing employees, making wise investments in seed, equipment, time management and generally managing a business. In short the farmer, besides the physical work required, must make many, sometimes more, of the same decisions a captain of industry must make. That should answer your question.

Now: regarding your request. (In your addition) I will rewrite your essay as if I were an English teacher. Note though, my remarks above should indicate to you that I disagree with your premise, that a businessman would ipso facto be more successful than a farmer.

A business man, with his brains and know how, if employed the right way, could make a fortune greater than any a farmer could ever dream of.

On the other hand, even though the businessman may make mor money than the farmer, he may not ever feel he has become wealthy. He will try harder, using his skills and talent to expand his business. He might not feel satisfied till he is as rich as Bill Gates. He would never see himself as successful and his ambition would always prod him to reach for higher and higher goals

Compared to the businessman, the farmer might not have the brand new car, live in a Victorian house, or eat gourmet food in elegant restaurants, but it would seem he is happier with his life. His family would probably be more important to him than would be to the ever-striving businessman. He might feel even more successful than his city-dwelling counterpart because he would have as fine a house (different, but as good.) A business as good, maybe better, than that of the businessman, and every bit as loving a family to come home to after a long day in the fields.

My personal opinion is everyone needs to work hard in order to be a success. I also believe being a good citizen in your community is part of success. But, how one defines success, or how one achieves that success has to be decided by the individual.

Note: Everyone means all people. Every one, means each individual. Also note: In English, punctuation is important and improper punctuation can change the meaning of a sentence.

My atavar is Mark2wain. If you would like further instruction or information, e-mail me.

Anyone can get ahead in America if he or she works hard enough. Do you agree? Why or why not?

Business man, with his brain, and know-how to employ it in the right way, in time could make a fortune that the farmer never ever dream of.

On other hand, even though the business man makes more money than the farmer, he may not ever feel that he is rich. He will try harder, use all his skill and talent to expand his business. He may not feel (scarified- satisfied?) until he is as rich as Bill Gates. He would never see himself as successful and always be looking forward for a new ambition.

Compared to the business man, the farmer might not have a brand new car, a Victoria house and taste gourmet dishes in a deluxe hotel, but then he is happy with his life. His family are more important than everything. He feels he is successful because he has a house to live in, a job to work, and a family to come back home to after a long day in the field.

I want to point out that because in my personal opinion, I think that everyone needs to work hard in order to become useful to the society in which they live and for their own good, but to be successful let themselves decide.

I wouldn't say that this was an easy 10 points. It was pretty time consuming. You did very well. I fixed your grammar and a few spelling errors. Keep practicing!!! Before I came to America, my grandmother told me that life in the US would be extremely hard for me. She said “you will need an arduous effort to be able to overcome obstacles.” I think it is very true. For someone who does not know about the culture, life and language, it takes a lot of courage just to come to another country to live. I am such an international student. That is what makes me unique. I am from Vietnam. In an American’s eyes, my appeal, my action, my verbal skills, and my eating habits are very different. I am proud of my culture and my traditions. The more I have been here, the more I recognize how valuable my culture is. It is unique and special because it separates me from the others. It not only tells about me but also tells stories about the place I grow up, about my country’s customs, and about how people are in my country. Since I grew up in Vietnam, I have background knowledge in herbalist practice. In my childhood, my house was in an area filled with wilderness. There are only few houses on a row. My grand mother used to grow a lot of herbs and vegetables on the vacant plot land next to my house. She taught me along with her maid about using herbs for healthcare. I grew in love with herbalist since that time. I have always wanted to work for a natural skincare company after I graduate because I want to employ my knowledge in herbalist with my biology major to change the way people look and think about skincare and cosmetics. I love Hamline for the school environment. It is a small school, small classroom, and very friendly people and even has an international association. As an international student, I think those elements are very important for me. My cousin did not really support the idea since my English is not great. My mother pointed out that I will have a lot of matters with biology major since there will be a lot of science terms. However, I believe that if I love a major, no matter how hard it will be I can always pass it. I used to do some volunteer work while I was in high school. I cannot say which one I like the best and which one I like the least because I enjoyed all of them. Each individual activity brought me a different experience. I do have a profound memory about one: My uncle has a charity organization. Older people often gather there to study English, practice meditation and Tai- Chi. Once the association had a volunteer cooking for breakfast and lunch. All the profit of the meals were to be sent to the orphanage house. I supported that idea because I love to cook and to help people. I think it is a great chance for me to meet with others and to improve my cooking skills. I only knew some simple dishes at the time. My aunt and a lot of ladies in that organization helped me to learn a lot about cooking. They were tough on me if I worked slow and made mistakes. That hurt my pride a little but I slowly realized that they only wanted the best for me. After three months, my skills improved and I was able to cook by myself! I only went to college for one month. I did not discover what my strengths were. I would like to improve in social and verbal skills. By graduation, I want to be know more and have more friends. I would like to do well academically. That is my biggest goal right now