Question about blond/blonde jokes?

As a blond person of genius level, I am hoping that somebody can explain to me how it is that our culture, obsessed with political correctness, finds nothing inappropriate about blond/ blonde jokes. I was just forwarded a string of blonde jokes from my own father. What the hell is that?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think NOT natural blonde's do tend to be more dumb. i think it is because of all those years continually bleaching their hair, those fumes have to be killing allot of brain cells.

• 1 decade ago

Look I would personally blame the media and movies.

How often are big breasted blonde woman portrayed as a ditsy bimbo's.

Marilyn Monroe & Anna Nicole Smith acted like dumb blondes even though they really weren't. At least I don't think so how can you make so much money by being stupid.

It just something that was started a long time ago to make money and is now too hard to shake.

Don't feel to bad look at all the really smart brunettes who go out and spend hundred's of dollars for a bleach job.

P.S I agree with the Asian Lawyer. Don't take it personally just enjoy the joke.

• 1 decade ago

Most people see blond jokes as harmless and funny, almost a parody of discrimination. I don't think anyone actually believes that blond people are less intelligent. Anyway, all the jokes I have heard are about female blonds - the idea being that blond women are pretty but are only interested in their appearance, and rarely think about anything else.

No one takes blond jokes seriously. Of course blond men and women are not stupid. If I were you, I would just laugh along with everyone else. If anything, they will admire you for it.

• 1 decade ago

Firstly, you have a very cool father.

Seriously though, I think the majority are not so into political correctness that we don't resist a dig at another cultural group. And for that, I'm glad. I am Asian but when people tell jokes about Asians, I laugh with them, because they seriously are funny. I'm also a lawyer and hear many cruel jokes about lawyers, but still I don't mind.

Blondes are not the only targets. Catholics, jews, Asians, celebrities and Americans are all popular. You're not alone. And in my mind: if you can't beat them, join them.

Edit - hey Winterblossom might have a point there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What does political correctness have to do with blonde jokes?

I can only assume I know where you're going with this and, for a person of "genius level," you surely are stretching.

• rezai
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

hahaha solid one. checkout this shaggy dog tale: a woman posts an advert interior the newspaper that sounds like this… “searching for guy with those skills: gained’t beat me up, or run removed from me, and is super in mattress.” She have been given a terrific variety of telephone calls replying to her advert yet one particularly stood out. After giving the guy her handle, he got here to her domicile. She beginning the door for him and the guy pronounced, “hi, I’m Bob. I have not any palms so I gained’t beat you up and no legs so I gained’t run away.” So the girl says, “What makes you think of you're super in mattress?” Bob replies, “I rang the door bell didn’t I?”

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can understand how you feel, it must be somewhat "tiring" to hear your kind, so to speak, being the butt of jokes. Offense to those jokes should've been had a long time ago? But I guess it didn't happen that way.

• Eole
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Blondes jokes come from Canada (Québec) . For them Blonde = Girl.

In fact, it's girl's jokes.

It's machist.

Source(s): Excuse me for my english, I'm French.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Every ******** begins with a blond.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.