Anonymous

What do they mean by "hire date"?

I just started my job and they say I have 31 days from my hire date to enroll for benefits. By "hire date" do they mean the date I was offered/accepted my job or do they mean my first day of work?

Favorite Answer

This depends on the company or organization. Normally the hire date is the date the company officially places you on the payroll. It does not mean its your first day of work.

Hired Meaning

Its the day you were hired for the job. The day you start working.

First day of work.

It could be months from when you are offered the job to when you start, so it doesn't really make sense that you would have to enroll for benefits before you start work.

hire date is the effectivity of the your employment. you would normally see this in the job offer or employment contract. Generally, its the first day of work. Most companies, however, conduct orientations that is not covered in the employment period. I suggest you check your offer or contract.

first date of work

• sbyldy

Usually the date you were hired.

the first day of work... Hire day.... Good luck Grant in Pennsylvania