How to turn down job offer?

well i was looking for another job and one place did want to hire me but just waiting for background check. it went fine..and so i turned in my resignation letter. i had a good counteroffer because of this .so i told the manager at the new place that i have to decline.i do feel bad because i did get along great with the staff...but they couldn't afford me.would it be ok if i write them a letter basically stating i am sorry for not accepting the offer?i mean i already turned it down over the phone

Favorite Answer

Yes I think you should send them a letter, it shows professionalism.

I've attached a link to assist you with writing the letter.

It is not required, however a letter to the CEO is not a bad idea as it may hold open any future works with that organization. Never burn a bridge you might want to cross again.

You could just explain that they offered you more and you are sorry, but you had to take it. I'm sure they would have done the same thing. Thank them for giving you the opportunity to work for them.