Why is there so much greed and poverty in this world?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because instead of trying to find the common ground that exists, humanity has decided to polarize to the extremes. There's hardly even a middle class anymore, just extremes of have and have-not. While I believe that the universe is abundant and limitless, I also believe that there's only so much to go around in terms of material goods. And there are a relative few in the world's population who are bogarting the goods. We need to learn to share.

I wonder if we could convince the haves that their vast wealth is directly related to the extreme poverty of others, whether or not it would make a difference.

I suppose we'd have to convice them first that we are all, in fact, connected. This is what's lacking in society today, IMO.

It's really not all that far fetched of an idea, we've all been sent here at this time, together, to share the human experience. It is no accident. But we've separated ourselves from our fellow humans, and our interactions are shallow and meaningless. We feel no fellowship within our race as a whole, and that is sad. There's no true community anymore, very few try to reach another at the level of spirit. It's almost like we've forgotten it's there. If that bond between us all were to be nurtured, we would not have half of the problems in the world that we currently do. Instead, we're taught that surface interaction is the only acceptable form of communication. We hide our spirits, instead of sharing them. It's almost as if people are ashamed of baring their souls now. It isn't socially acceptable. There are too many rules now. Anyone going against the grain is pushed back down. Why? Because there are those for whom society is working very well at the moment, they have the power, and they want to keep it that way. What they don't understand is that the scales can only tilt so far in their favour before they start to tilt in the other direction. What goes up must come down, right? So, humanity's had this problem for centuries with trying to find the common ground between us all. Seems there's always someone who wants to be the Napoleon of the global barnyard. That is what we as a race have to fight against, and it's hard, especially when you're in Napoleon's favour. But if we could just understand that every person who suffers in this existence suffers as a consequence of our own greed and neglect, and that their suffering has a direct consequence on our own spirits, because we all share each other's experiences, whether directly or indirectly, maybe things could change and we could find the middle ground where we'll all be equal.

• rona
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

peace be upon you

do you want the real cause?

As many people don't carryout the 3rd pillar of the five pillars of Islam which is called (zakat).

Zakat mean that ,there is part of your money ,you should give to the poor.

it is a certain percent so it will be according to how much you own.

it also depend on from how long you own this stable money and it also will go to certain persons who are in need ,so you will never find injustic or problem if u gave this money.

i don't mean only non muslims who don't give the needy from their money but i mean also some of muslims who don't follow their religion in the right way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Greedy people wanting more than they need, using up all our resources, leaving nothing for worse off.. too self indulged to even care.

• 6 years ago

Money is the root to all evil!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Unique
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you have to ask Satan that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.