Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

"Then I'll see you in Hell!" - Han Solo. Was there really a hell in the Star Wars universe?

I can't believe that line actually exists in the movie. LOL how could there be hell in the Star Wars universe???

Favorite Answer

Did you see some of the creatures in Star Wars? Maybe being swallowed or eaten by one of those things was hell! Star Wars about the battle of good and evil so why wouldn't there be some kind of hell for them? It doesn't have to be our idea of hell.

Well, we Earthlings use phrases like, "Go to hell!" or "What the hell was that??" even if we don't actually believe in it. It's just an expression that we're used to saying because it's part of the language. In the SW universe, there must be plenty of civilizations that have their own versions of heaven and hell beliefs, so it's not inconceivable that the characters would pick up on local expressions.

Source(s): I'm such a nerd sometimes. :o\

You have to remember, when the documentary filmmakers turned on their cameras live in the Star Wars universe, the characters were actually speaking their alien language, and the fancy digital cameras automatically translated everything to English for us.

The part I'm still confused about is, how did they get permission from Darth Vader to install cameras inside his TIE Fighter?

If you think about it, George Lucas used a lot of different religious ideas in Star Wars, even though personally I don't think of it as a religious movie.

...and of course that line was spoken by a scruffy looking nerf herder! lol!

The concept of the "Force" is almost identical to the concept of the "Tao" from Taoism. There is not a Hell in Taoism, so there should be no Hell in Star Wars.

"Hell" is the name of of the giant worm in the Asteroid. Han correctly predicts he will be seen later in "Hell".

I think a more important topic that should be discussed among all ages is how did they get Princess Leia's hair to look like Cinabons?

• XX

There is no hell, period, but the concept exists in a few religions here, why not there, too?

Maybe it's that mining planet from Episode III. It could also double as a cemetery planet, I suppose. Cremation land, maybe.

like cockroaches, believers persisted to the time of starwars