Why do you think people envy?

Have you ever had that feeling and why?

Favorite Answer

Envy is a normal & healthy emotion as long as it doesn't turn into jealousy which is very consuming & unhealthy. Naturally there are people that I do envy but at the same time most of those people are ones I actually like or are close to me.

For example; you may look at someone who lives differently to you. You're not jealous of the person, infact you may even be happy for them, you just envy something in their lives & would look to be able to have/do the same thing.

Of course. I think its part of our will and need to survive - if you envy something, its usually because its a good thing which you don't have but want. I know that if I see a thing like that, I get envy, but I also get the will to work for it, if I can.

An example? I envy anyone with a good degree from a good uni and I'm working to being able to obtain a PhD from a good university.