Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Do you ever feel like you're drifting away from everyone?

I'm feeling very 'Holden Caulfield' right now. But do you ever feel like nobody understands you? I feel like I'm alone in this world. I wouldn't say I'm depressed because i don't think I am. But I haven't been happy in a long time. I'll go to bed hoping for a better tomorrow, but I never get one. How long will it be till I get that better tomorrow. People are always telling me you'll never know if you'll wake up to the best tomorrow, but how many days...months...years will it be? Does anyone ever feel like that or is it just me because I'm weird. I feel like my life is just a big, long, boring movie that I'm watching and I just want to fast forward to the good parts.

Favorite Answer

I have felt that way so many times and I feel like that is starting to happen to me again. I have noticed the best way to stop that feeling is change. I would change all my friends and all these things about me. If you keep waiting for something better, but do nothing different then your hopes are useless.

Life is like that, when you have it good. The sad thing is that you must experience the bad, before you can experience the good. My suggestion is good to a foreign county for your next vacation. A friendly county to start like Mexico, Argentina, Chile, France, German, Italy, Greece. Be sure it is a non english speaking country. Be sure you get yourself a travel book. Like "Mexico on $20 a day " or something silly as such. Buy your round trip air fare ticket and then tough it out. Not knowing where you will eat, where will you stay or what will you do. When you get there spend no more than two nights in the sample city. You need a bit of challenge, life gets boring when do nothing and say nothing and go nowhere. You need a little spicy to make taste better. I understand what you mean, in my case it is different though, it is called married with children. They made a show of it.

I've been feeling exactly like that recently actually. It feels like I'm not in the right world, watching people pass me by the street, their carefree laughs as smiles on their faces, like I see the world they're in, and I'm outside of it. Like I can tell they're absorbed in their sphere, interacting like so, caring about smalltalk and everything and I just can't see that anymore, as if I can see a bigger, more useless picture and really, I just want to jump back into the matrix.

I don't really know what to tell you b/c I have never went through it. To me it sounds like you aren't having fun with your life or you are waiting for something but unless you do something to make it happen it won't ever happen. Only you really know? Maybe somethings bothering you that you dont realize is bothering you. Just think about it.

Often from living with no direction, purpose, or goal.

Have you ever read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren? We were created with a purpose in mind.

it truly is so humorous, and SO real! yet i admire Martha, she is a company all to herself, and that's her existence. She has no different. She reminds me that i myself do no longer ought to be proper, through fact she is doing it for me! on the different hand, she has parlayed some domicile crafts right into a multimillion dollar industry. demanding or no longer, she did it. yet i do no longer envy her, no longer for a brand ny 2d.

Sometimes you have to eliminate all the negativity in your life. It might even be going away from your own family.