on the display screen on my verizon wireless phone it says initial programming needed any one know why?

Favorite Answer

Is this a new phone? If so, you will need to program it. To do this dial *228 and send. Follow the prompts, 1 is to program and 2 is to update your roaming capabilities (if I remember correctly).

If it's not a new phone, I'm not sure why it would say that. You could try the programming like I suggested above and/or call Verizon (611 from your handset).

Good luck!

Source(s): A Verizon customer for 15+ years

I just signed up for Verizon and I know what's going on. When I got my new phone (I ordered online and the phone was mailed to me), there was a sheet of activation instructions in the box with the phone. You will need this to activate the phone. Call the number on the sheet (from a home phone or different cell...do NOT use the cell you just got because it has to be programmed). Follow the instructions on the sheet and you will be walked through the process of the initial programming. Once you're done with that, your new phone will be ready for use (or ready for a charging). It only takes a few minutes for the programming and then your new phone can be used.

EMT

Did you purchase your telephone online or according to probability the coverage mailed you a clean one? if so, there ought to be some suggestion interior the packaging which will supply you the instructions to software. that's once you ought to turn on the telephone over the telephone (making use of yet another telephone, like a landline). as quickly as that's achieved, try to be waiting to apply the telephone... regardless of the undeniable fact that, in case you have had your telephone for activated, and have been making use of it and start up getting this message, then i'd call the customer provider or take it in to have it regarded at...

What stinky said. It's to make sure your roaming and reception are fully capable. There is nothing wrong with the phone.

If the phone is not new it may be corrupted and you need to take it to the verizon store and have them look at it

Source(s): Verizon customer with clumsy brother who loves to drop his phone

you have zeros for the MIN, go to service programming to change it...