ruby asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

how to remove a beehive in my backyard?

Favorite Answer

Please refer to

http://www.ehow.com/how_2002527_get-rid-bees.html

Steps

1Step One

Find the exact spot and spray spectracide or other insect killing poison at night. Keep silent at the time of spraying. Also wear tight protective clothes so that the bees do not bite you.

2Step Two

Remove all containers like buckets that attract the bees.

3Step Three

Try to seek the help of a professional bee remover. Contact your local county extension agent or fire department in case you are not aware of any local bee removal service.

4Step Four

Ask if the bee remover will also remove the hive. Removal of the hive is very important as any residue can again attract the bees.

5Step Five

Negotiate the charges. The charges vary $50 to $200 and depend on the size of the beehive.

6Step Six

Ensure that there are no open windows or holes in the walls of your house from where bees could enter once the beehive is shattered.

7Step Seven

Burning wood or paper underneath the beehive to create smoke, especially at night is another way of shooing away bees without killing them.

8Step Eight

Hang a few mothballs in a socks or pantyhose in your yard as it repels bees.

I hope it helps a bit. Good luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how to remove a beehive in my backyard?

Source(s): remove beehive backyard: https://tr.im/mdbEk
  • J Z

Get professional help:

Contact a bee keeper. They will add your bees to their own. They charge less than the cost of the amount of poisons you would need to kill all the bees. And the bees live happily ever after.

If you are in an area that has killer bees, then you may not get much help from a bee keeper. Calling your city's Vector Control Department is one option (a free service, yay). Calling a pest control company is another option.

Careful, a fully loaded hive of bees and honey can weigh a couple hundred pounds, you could hurt your back. Just teasing, I'm a beekeeper and would be happy to remove any honey bees . But what you probably have are hornets making a bad name for honey bees this time of year. Try to get someone to make a proper ID, if bees someone like me will come and get them. If hornets, your on your own and have my permission to nuke them in any manner you see fit. RScott

Source(s): JZ, As a beekeeper I will be willing to work with "killer" (Americanized is politically correct.) bees if necessary, they produce more honey than there European cousins. Beekeepers have been handling them successfully for nearly 50yrs. now, in Central and South America. Another good thing is they seem immune to the die offs of European bees. And another thing, if you destroy the queen and replace her with a European queen the colony is mild mannered again in 6wks.

Wow, that is a tough one. You can probably find a full protective gear at home and garden store and spray on to kill them. Then remove them safely by hand (wearing grove) of course. You may have a better answer than this one by asking the same question at Home and Garden center.

I would call a professional, but if you can't, do this:

Wear layers of very thick clothing.

Get some bug bombs or some spray to kill them.

BE SURE TO PROTECT YOUR FACE!

Activate the product.

Check back each day.

If it's not doing anything, call a professional.

I think the most fun way would be with a flamethrower.

they do make bug spray that shoots long distance (15ft?). Usually for wasps.

Bes thing is to find a bee keeper who wants the hive.

Or hire a remover.

Probably the same way you get rid of a wasps nest.

Go out after dark and spray the nest.

I would not suggest that you do this yourself simply because the cost of the appropriate equipment would be prohibitive. There are probably professional and even amateur beekeepers in your area that could handle this for you.