Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

Upgrade from old Mac to new?

I have a kinda old Mac OSX 10.2.8, and I just bought an Ipod mini and it says I need Itunes 7 or better for the Ipod to work. However when I go to download Itunes, the computer is too old. Would buying Tiger or Leopard significantly upgrade me, or would it just be a waste of money?

• Franco
    Favorite Answer

Hard to tell if your computer is too old since you don't say which computer you have, the CPU speed, how much RAM etc. Is it the computer that's too old or the OS?

In general, Tiger (10.4) is better than Jaguar (10.2). If you were running Tiger, you could download the latest iTunes. Apple does not support using the iPod Mini with an older USB 1.1 connection, but it should work via Firewire.

Have you actually tried the iPod with your current computer? According to the Apple system requirements, an iPod Mini will work with iTunes 4.7:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=609...

peace

.

• Elbert

The latest iTunes will run on 10.3.9 and 10.4. If your Mac can't support Tiger, upgrade to 10.3 Panther.