What Should We Call This New Strategy?

It turns out that Bush's/Bremer's much vaunted "de-Baathification" scheme didn't work out at all, in fact most analysts believe that it created the insurgency in Iraq. So now we're backtracking, trying to get these guys back into positions of authority so they'll quit killing our guys.

Should it be called "re-Baathification"? Or maybe "de-de-Baathification"?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ArRo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's getting pretty bad, isn't it? Was it Bremer who said "it's a small price to pay......"? Small price, indeed. Tell that to the grieving families! Bush has to figure out how to save face, at least until he can turn the mess over to a new President. To answer your question, I favor "re-Baathification". I think our new allies were our enemies a couple of months ago!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We should call it Operation Iraqi Liberation after the hope needed for there new democracy and our policy to iniate such a grateful gift of deliverence from tyranny and the Iraq Liberation Act that enabled it.

http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Legislation...

You probably wouldn't want to look into that though, because you don't want to know the truth about the war. The fact that the act was passed in 1998 by congress 360-38 under Bill Clinton.

But, for those of you who are open minded enough to look into it. ty!

• The new strategy is a product of Johnson and Johnson. The Bush Administration is hoping that in doing so (reinstalling those Baathists who are familiar with Iraqi rule of law) will create a period of stabilization in the near future, but if it were to unfold in late November of 2008 or later that would be fine.

• 1 decade ago

Oimwoomwio, I do not know what analysts you are listening to, but if you have been paying attention to anyone except the far left wing liberal, anti-war, pro-marijuana, ex hippie analysts you would see that progress is being made in Iraq. No, the Shiite and Sunni Muslims are not sitting down baking cookies together, but sectarian violence and Iranian backed insurgents are on the decline. For us to pull completely out of Iraq like the Dumbocrats want to do is not only foolish and ignorant; it is also a betrayal of the security of the American people and the freedoms and principles that our nation was built upon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Operation Make the Civil War work for you

• 1 decade ago

Know how I'd fix Iraq? Turn it into a prison colony amd dump off our crimminals there. That how the Aussies got their start and they turned out ok.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe the U.S. should just dig up Saddam Hussein's rotting corpse and put it in charge again. I haven't got a name for this strategy, but it's probably as good as anything else the Bushies can think of.

• 1 decade ago

Operation Pass the Buck!

• 1 decade ago

operation "Fooled Again"

• 1 decade ago

the unsurge?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.