Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do women really like guys who can cook? Is it a turn on?

Or is it just the thought that they may do all of the cooking?

Yes I can cook and I do cook but sometimes I think the woman is just thinking that if we are together in the future that she won't have to do any cooking.

Favorite Answer

only the fat chicks, as I found out, the hot ones just want your money

• July

I love to cook, so I wouldn't really want a guy to do all the cooking. But I do love it when my date cooks me dinner. I'd say there're a number of things at work here: feeding someone is an intrinsically nurturing act--one of the reasons I'd be unwilling to surrender the responsibility--so it's an appealing date behavior. Cooking suggests a certain comfort with contemporary gender roles--ie, you're not some cave man in search of a "little wifey." And there's something kinda sexy about a well-prepared meal. Cooking is a senusal business. Finally, if a guy's prepared a meal that he knows I'll like or with my preferences in mind, it's an obvious sign he's been attentive.

I can't speak for others, and I'm sure some delight in the possibility of the man doing all of the cooking, but for me, it's a turn on because it involves so many of the senses and is very sexy.

I like to sit on the counter top when he is doing the cooking and he has me taste things and the smells are wonderful, the whole thing is intoxicating. Not just because of the food, but because we are there together enjoying each other and indulging all of our senses.

Plus he is a beautiful man and when he concentrates on a task he gets this sexy, smoldering look about him. mmmmmm

Is it a turn on? Don't know about that, but I do admire a man who can cook. It's fun to cook together and talk and have a good time in the kitchen. It can be rather romantic and is a great chance to solidify your relationship. Maybe it is a turn on. It certainly doesn't hurt.

Yes some do because they won't have to cook all of the time. They can rest and let someone cook for them, besides them eating out.

• Panda

I love it when men can cook. My guy can cook. Hes better at it than I am. Definitly a turn on especially when he can prepare a romatic meal. We share the cooking duties. No one should expect the other to do all the cooking.

OMG I'm not fat and i think a guy that cooks is really sweet.. Not all skinny girls want a guy for their money.. And I honestly think that a guy that cooks is a very open minded man and means that he responsible. Good For You If you cook for your woman.

Guys who can cook are amazing! And no it's not because they can do all the cooking. Have you ever cooked a meal with someone you loved? It's fun!

The biggest turn on for me is watching my husband in the kitchen... and the Chef coat!... OK I wont go there, there might be young reader. Anyways, the reason I went on that first date with my husband (years ago) was because he was a Executive Chef.

Guy's who can cook are HOT... So learn to cook!

Not all of them do some thinks it's nice that a guy can do the cooking every now and a then it just depends on the type of girl. It doesn't matter if she is fat or not just how she is and I personally wouldn't mind it.

Its a huge advantage if a guy knows how to cook. Girls get turned on by that and if you cook a dinner for her, its totally romantic!