Mommys, at what age did you have your first child?

What age did you have your first child? I am only 17 and want to have a baby a while down the road. I think being pregnant and having children is such a beautiful thing. I know that it is a big responsibility, but it's such a gift to have a child. I know this because my sister had a baby and I was able to see exactly what its like to go through the pregnancy and giving birth. So at what age were you expecting baby number one? My sister was 23 and I think thats a perfect age.

• Favorite Answer

My husband and i were both 21 years old when we had our son.

He is 6 years old now. He is the only child i have so far.

Everybody who's answered so far has been young, so I thought I'd tell you my age - 32. I know I was just too immature to have a child any younger than that and I wanted to do so much with my life before then - travel, go to school, have fun. I'm glad I did those things but I envy younger moms too - I'm sure they have a lot more energy than I do (ten years can make a big difference!!) and may even be able to relate to their children better as they grow older, especially when they're teenagers. There are definitely pros and cons to both, but of course the most important thing is your own maturity and sense of responsibility. That comes to some people later than earlier, as it was in my case.

I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 14 and she was born a month before I turned 15, it was obviously unplanned, but I love being a mommy and I couldn't imagine life without my little girl. I'm 20 now, I'll be 21 in April and my daughter is 5, 6 in March. I want to have more children one day, but I'm in no hurry...

i have a beautiful 10 week old and im 22 so is mu hubby

i got pregnant at 21 people always say, oh your to young to have a baby but i love it i think that if you are mature enough for such responsibility then your ready

I always said I wanted to have my first child at 23 too! But life doesnt always follow plans and I ended up pregnant at 18 and delivering a t 19. But, you know?? I couldnt be happier about the situation!

Sounds to me like you are very smart and will make a great mom! Just be smarter than me and ALWAYS use protection til you want a child. Yep, one time is all it takes!

Source(s): 19 YO Mother of 1!

I am currently pregnant and 23 years old. I will have her when I am still this age. But, I lost twins 2 years ago when I was only 3 months preggo, and still consider them as my babies and me as their mommy, so I was a mommy at 21. :) 23 does seem like a good age but it really depends on when the mother wants to be a mother. :)

I am 17 and preg I may be 18 when my baby is born or still 17. She is suppose to be born on the 12 of feb and my b day is the 17 so maybe she will wait till I turm 18!!!

Source(s): 18 weeks 5 days preg @ age 17
  • Drea Z

I was 19 when I got pregnant with my son, I was 20 when he was born. Then I was 23 when I got pregnant and had my daughter (she was born 9 days before I turned 24). I love my kids and I can't wait to have another child one day. I'm 27 (almost 28) and still no plans for #3, except that hubby wants to wait another year or two. Good luck!!

Source(s): Mom of 2

I am 22 and expecting to give birth to my first child any day now. I don't think that there is a perfect age per se. I just think that it depends on where you are in life.

I was 20 and hubby was 23.

We love being young parents and our son has been the best thing that has ever happened to us!

No regrets b/c we partied a lot as teenagers anyway, and baby was planned.

• i was 19 when i had my 1st son, i am now 20 and pregnant with #2 but i will be 21 by the time this one arrives, my kids will be a little over 2 years apart!

Source(s): a proud mommy