Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

what is the ARMY regulation on sexual postions?

I was told that the only 'authorized position' between a married couple is missionary, but my friend says i am lieing. please tell me if i am wrong. thank you.

Favorite Answer

Its true its only missionary. Whenever I am on active duty or on a military bases thats the only position I use. Its good for pushups because it strengthens your back. "Whatever you do, make sure you stretch"

Source(s): Iraq veteran, ARNG present
  • I couldn't believe it, so I looked it all up.

Apparently the missionary position is the only allowed one. But then again, how could any superiors find out about it in order to prosecute a soldier for militarily illegal sex? Peek through the windows of a married soldier's quarters?

Article 125 of the UCMJ.

Article 125—Sodomy

Text.

“(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient

to complete the offense.

(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Elements.

(1) That the accused engaged in unnatural carnal copulation with a certain other person or with an animal. (Note: Add either or both of the following elements, if applicable)

(2) That the act was done with a child under the age of 16.

(3) That the act was done by force and without the consent of the other person.

Explanation.

It is unnatural carnal copulation for a person to take into that person’s mouth or anus the sexual organ of another person or of an animal; or to place that person’s sexual organ in the mouth or anus of another person or of an animal; or to have carnal copulation in any opening of the body, except the sexual parts, with another person; or to have carnal copulation with an animal.

• ?

I remember when I was in Army and I heard something about this. Doggie, 69 etc. are not allowed...only missionary. lol I laughed about it then and I am laughing about it now.

Source(s): U.S. Army Veteran

I believe you're correct. I don't know about doggie? I think missionary is specifically listed.

It's hilarious either way.

Go Army...Hooah

Sweetheart, they couldn't care less what you do to each other in your bedroom. Just as long as it isn't physically harmful to either of you. That is one of the older wive's tales that go around the military.

Not to mention, unless you film it or go at each other in public, how in the world are they going to know?

I'd love to tell you you are wrong, but you aren't, lol.

Will it ever get prosecuted? Only if you do it in public, and yes it has been done, and yes it was prosecuted.

No, 69 and dogstyle are ok.

you have to do them in proper military orderly fashion

You have to wear combat boots at all times, with your weapon--pardon me, your rifle or pistol--ready to fire at all times.