I found a 4 inch wide black spider in my room, do you know what kind of spider it is?

I looked a lot like a fake halloween spiders, except it was real and scary. It didn't look harry. It was all black, it's legs were kind of thick. Do you know what kind of spider it is? And yes I killed it.

Update:

I live in Oklahoma, USA

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

thats the kind of spider that makes me call the exterminator that same day.

chances are it was just one, but if not.... well, i'd really rather not wake up with that thing crawling on me.

i dont know where you live or what the spider really looked like, so its hard to say what it was, but i'd have the house sprayed or at least checked out if i lived in your house.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

4 Inch Spider

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't think it's a southern house spider. Doesnt really fit the discription and souds a bit too big. Probably a exotic spider, a lot fit this discription so i can't give you a species but more than likely it's harmless. No worries. :D

• ardoin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

its in all threat a a west siberian banana leaf spider, its venom is regular to reason inflammation on your lungs, after killing it, it emits a terrible fume which could knock a hippo out chilly, if it crawls on your dermis and you come across a dusty powder, wash it off with nail polish remover, you will purely have 9 seconds

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sounds like either a tarantula or a grass spider.

• 1 decade ago

Four inches? That big must have been a tarantula .. They are really good & nice spiders.

Black widows are easy to spot - red hourglass on the belly.

• 1 decade ago

it could have been a female southern house spider. They get pretty big.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think a barn spider

• 1 decade ago

i dunno its to big to be a brown recluse..so thats all that really matters, and black widows have a red hour glass on there back..

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

4 INCH ?

BIG !

DEAD!

THERES TWO KINDS YOU CAN TRUST THAT IT IS.

oops cap lock.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.