What are good steps to avoid/get rid of acne?
I don't want the names of medicines that worked for you or someone you know. Obviosuly wash your face and all. but something like the toothpaste myth where if you put toothpaste on a troublesome spot, it'll go away
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
You can find cheap, effective and natural home remedies for acne/ pimples at
- Anonymous5 years ago
Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.
In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.
Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.
In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.
If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.
Weird Trick Forces Your Body
To Eliminate Your Acne
Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin
In 30-60 Days?
Make sure your sound is turned on!Source(s): https://bitly.im/aMEe4
- naturemama6Lv 41 decade ago
Wash a few times a day with a clean soft cloth, natural soap,
and luke warm water. Don't scrub hard, as this will irritate your skin more.
Get an aloe vera plant, and use the fluid and gel inside the
leaves. Put it generously on your breakouts at night, and
wash gently again in the morning, repeat.
- 1 decade ago
Oxy spot treatment works great. Also use a clean soft washcloth and towel every shower. My towels and cloths are all white so I can disinfect them with bleach. Try not to overwash your face. Many products will cause break outs. My sensitive skin stays pretty clear. I only use soap once a day on it. In the evening I just rinse it with warm water.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
My bro has acne and he uses something called rubbing alcohol; apparently its like a disinfectant (or sumthin) it kills germs etc, so stops more acne coming.
Using toothpaste does actually work for some people too..
But basically myths don't work. You have to use a product to actually get rid of acne. I think clearasil-extra strength cream work well
- JourdainLv 45 years ago
good steps avoidrid acne
- Natural HealerLv 61 decade ago
Here are some real answers on skin conditions. Remedies at the bottom. Cleansing the body of toxins is the key. Especially a colon cleanse! Educate yourself on detoxifying the blood.
Judyth Reichenberg-Ullman N.D. - "What is your skin trying to tell you? Often the skin is a metaphor for deeper issues and a way for your body to send up a red flag to warn you that all is not well underneath. When our skin is unhealthy it is usually a reflection of the internal state of our bodies, and is often a sign of poor elimination of toxins and waste products. Most of us are embarrassed by skin problems such as rashes, rosacea, boils or acne, especially in places where others can see our imperfections. The skin is the body's first line of defense against the environment. It has to deal with the effects of weather, sun , cold, heat, dryness, humidity, scrapes, bumps, soaps, detergents, chemicals, perspiration and dirt of all kinds. It is a wonder that our skin stays healthy most of the time! We can help our skin deal with this onslaught by optimizing our general health and by protecting our skin from harsh environmental exposure. Western medicine generally treats skin eruptions with either antibiotics, cortisone, or antifungal preparations. These medicines may alleviate the skin problem temporarily, or occasionally for good, but do not address the source of the problem. Putting a lid on skin symptoms without getting to the root of the imbalance may even result in suppression, that means the imbalance may be driven deeper causing more serious health problems later without ever strengthening the underlying vital force of the person. Fortunately, naturopathic medicine offers a wide vareity of effective treatments for skin problems."
Judyth Reichenberg-Ullman N.D. - "Your skin is a reflection of how well your body is eliminating the toxins that build up on a daily basis. Chronic skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis stem from a combination of genetic factors, immune stress, dietary deficiencies or sensitivities, and the accumulation of toxins in the body. For our skin to be radiant and clear, it is very important that the other organs of elimination (kidneys, liver, lungs, and colon) are cleansing the body effectively. If not, the skin will be overtaxed, pores will become clogged, and eruptions of one sort or another will result. Here are a number of steps you can take to improve your body's overall elimination wtih specific emphasis on your skin."
Detoxification is a normal body process of eliminating or neutralizing toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin. Juice Fasting is the world's most ancient and natural healing mechanism. Fasting triggers a truly wondrous cleansing process that reaches right down to each and every cell and tissue in the body.
Learn more about Therapeutic Fasting and Detoxification - Colon Cleansing is the main step. Must remove the toxins from the colon, so the toxins dont get in the blood and cause illness and disease.
1. Fruits and Vegetables for Acne: Carrot & spinach, celery & watercress, grapefruit juices are all useful to combat acne.
2. Unwholesome Foods: Acne, a prevalent problem among teen-aged boys would not be possible in our society if our foods were wholesome. A most sad and disgusting sight is the pus-filled pimples due to inner toxicity --- wastes trying desperately to escape through the face. This condition often turns a gentle face in the blossom of youth into a waste dump of pimples, pus and subsequent pock marks which can be prevented. The tons of acne medications and prescriptions sold annually act only on the effect of the harmful food, and not the cause of the disease, malnutrition. The traditional teenage meal, a grease burger, french fries and a milk shake or cola simply does not provide enough nourishment for anyone, let alone a boy going through puberty to adulthood. Our highly processed foods are devoid of hormones found in fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds. Must do a colon cleanse to rid of all the toxins in the body, which eventually get into the blood and cause acne and all other diseases.
3. Cabbage: Apply a lotion of freshly prepared cabbage juice preceded, if desired, by the application of leaves. The eating of cabbage leaves or juice is also helpful.
4. Lemon Juice: Skin problems such as acne... will often respond to a treatment of lemon juice. For blackheads rub lemon juice over them each night.
5. Black Walnut: Externally, Black Walnut is nearly a miracle worker in cases of ...acne, dandruff, boils, itch, shingles, ringworm--we could go on, but you can see that you can use Black Walnut whenever a skin disorder appears! The tincture is an excellent first-aid remedy for wounds.
Best of health to youSource(s): experienced healing and educating many people naturalcures.com
- 1 decade ago
I have not found much luck with the whole tooth paste thing...
I know you said you dont want names of medications-- BUT, ProActive has worked miracles for me- and it has a "miracle cream" that works wonders overnight...
Good luck...acne is rough...I know...all too well!Source(s): personal experience...unfortunatly!