administrator password?

I have been trying to work on scheduled tasks_ I want to run disk cleanup- i get it setup and it wants the password- My uncle set this(not talking to him now) up- How do I reset so I can run this task- Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Favorite Answer

All these guys in here are wrong -_- judging by the situation your end you want to reboot in safe mode. Start > Restart and during when its starting up hit F8 non stop and it will take you to a window asking you if you want to boot in safe mode click yes. It will load a list with letters relateing to drivers.. after that it will load a new account name Adminstrater click that and log in go to Controll Panel, User Accounts and you should be able to change it from their. Good luck!!!

• Judy

Sorry, but I think you're screwed. You may have to re-install the software if you've lost the admin password. I understand not wanting to talk to a family member--trust me, I've been there. Is there a way you could maybe ask his wife to get the info from him?

If you are not administrator, you're out of luck.

Better make up with that uncle!