can you take steroids and painkillers at the same time?

Favorite Answer

Some steroids and pain meds are prescibed to work together.In a situation I just been through I was given both.Once the steriod got into the system I was able to back off the pain med.due to the steroids taking away the swelling and imflamation.Prolonged use of both were never intended.The steroids was given in a step down stages.These were prescribed to ease pain for short term use to give me a chance to get MRI done and get the problem fixed with surgery.

Yes. I do, er, did. You just need to keep up with your check ups with a doctor who is aware of what you are taking. Many doctors monitor people who are on steroids. The tests they give help monitor the body and can catch a problem early, if there is one.

• TFV

Absolutely. Steroids for inflammation, painkillers for pain. I've been on that combo.

I'm a "doctor," but not a medical doctor, and I'm a chemist, but not a pharmacist, so why are you asking me, let alone all these other clowns with similar credentials. The answer is yes, you can, but what happens afterwards will determine whether you should have.

That would be pain killers on steroids, so you would be invincible and feel no pain. Not really, check with a doctor, there are many meds that aren't compatible.

Jeff doesn't deserve the ic title. He's an immature pot smoking kid who makes his career of falling off things.

• Yes.

Source(s): I prescribe.

yes

No, Chris Bennwar proved it!

sounds dangerous, ask a doctor