can you take steroids and painkillers at the same time?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some steroids and pain meds are prescibed to work together.In a situation I just been through I was given both.Once the steriod got into the system I was able to back off the pain med.due to the steroids taking away the swelling and imflamation.Prolonged use of both were never intended.The steroids was given in a step down stages.These were prescribed to ease pain for short term use to give me a chance to get MRI done and get the problem fixed with surgery.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. I do, er, did. You just need to keep up with your check ups with a doctor who is aware of what you are taking. Many doctors monitor people who are on steroids. The tests they give help monitor the body and can catch a problem early, if there is one.

• TFV
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Absolutely. Steroids for inflammation, painkillers for pain. I've been on that combo.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm a "doctor," but not a medical doctor, and I'm a chemist, but not a pharmacist, so why are you asking me, let alone all these other clowns with similar credentials. The answer is yes, you can, but what happens afterwards will determine whether you should have.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That would be pain killers on steroids, so you would be invincible and feel no pain. Not really, check with a doctor, there are many meds that aren't compatible.

• 5 years ago

Jeff doesn't deserve the ic title. He's an immature pot smoking kid who makes his career of falling off things.

• Yes.

Source(s): I prescribe.
  • 1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, Chris Bennwar proved it!

• 1 decade ago

sounds dangerous, ask a doctor

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.