I can't get my recording microphone to work on my computer, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Ok well I have a Cyber Acoustic microphone and I can't get it to work. I put it into the pink plug in my computer tower, which is the place it is sposed to go. I also turned it on, and made sure all of the adjustments and settings were able to record. But my computer is still not picking up sound at all. I also am using the recording program that comes with the computer (I'm almost positive it comes with every computer) its just called 'Sound Recorder'. Please help me out :). How do I get it to work?

Yes i've done all that stuff you guys said before hand, and it still doesnt work. :/

Favorite Answer

right click the volume in your task bar. left click adjust audio properties. go to the audio tab make sure has the right device for audio recording. hit ok

right click the volume in your task bar. left click open volume control. click options in the menu bar. click properties. put a dot on recording. hit ok. make sure the check for select is under "Mic" and make sure the volume for mic is at max.

outside of that might need to update your sound card drivers. check with your computer manafactuer or check their website for updates to your model.

Check the volume control. If the volume is down in your mic you wont get anything out of it.

Go to yahoo messenger and do an audio test for voice chat. It will test your mic for you and tell you if is actually working or not.

check the "volume control" in accessories - there's a setting for input devices