Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of this passage from the Gospel of Phillip "Mary Magdalene was Jesus companion and he kissed

often on her mouth". Sounds like BF/GF , Hubby/Wife to me.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

uh christians always kissed each other. so europeans and middle eastern men who kiss each other on the mouth are married? gong.

pathetic logic fueled by hatred.

As for the Wisdom who is called "the barren," she is the mother of the angels. And the companion of the [...] Mary Magdalene. [...] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples [...]. They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them,"Why do I not love you like her? When a blind man and one who sees are both together in darkness, they are no different from one another. When the light comes, then he who sees will see the light, and he who is blind will remain in darkness."

The Lord said, "Blessed is he who is before he came into being. For he who is, has been and shall be."

there's your explanation. Jesus loved Mary more because she was blessed/light and was never in darkness. i guess they were married and had kids together then too? gong.

• 1 decade ago

The main characteristic of the "gospels" of Phillip, Thomas, Nicodemus, and a host of others is that they are fiction representing itself as history.

• bleu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You've been misled, that passage is not from the Bible.

Please let me know where it exactly is supposed to be (ie. "gospel 1:1")

• 1 decade ago

Aw, it's all allegorical anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.