Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

How many lynchings and deaths has the Ku Klux Klan been responsible for since they were founded?

I need to know this for a persuasive speech I have to write in speech class on why the KKK should be banned. It is due by next Friday, so if I could get some answers by this Friday, I would be so happy.

Favorite Answer

Between 1882 (when reliable statistics were first collected) and 1968 (when the classic forms of lynching had disappeared), 4,743 persons died of lynching, 3,446 of them black men and women. Mississippi (539 black victims, 42 white) led this grim parade of death, followed by Georgia (492, 39), Texas (352, 141), Louisiana (335, 56), and Alabama (299, 48). From 1882 to 1901, the annual number nationally usually exceeded 100; 1892 had a record 230 deaths (161 black, 69 white). Although lynchings declined somewhat in the 20th century, there were still 97 in 1908 (89 black, 8 white), 83 in the racially troubled postwar year of 1919 (76, 7, plus some 25 race riots), 30 in 1926 (23, 7), and 28 in 1933 (24, 4)."

EDIT: It is impossible to know how many of these are from the KKK, yet it should give you some facts to quote on lynchings.

Source(s): Robert L. Zangrando, "The Reader's Companion to American History," 1991

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): lynchings deaths ku klux klan responsible founded: https://biturl.im/c7T2w
  • Frosty

There were probably no reliable counts. Many of the lynchings and killings were done in secret and not reported. The only way to say it is that it was too many.

Funny! 100!

• Holly

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avylX

Oh my goodness, that was hilarious! I really did not expect that! LOL! 10 out of 10!! *

Ted Cruz says we can t be safe unless we identify the terrorist enemy and "extremist Muslim terrorists". And here we have 4,743 Christian terrorists, crosses and all.

The identification with religions certainly seems useful!?

• Specious. Medinan Quran, ahadith & Surah & sirah literature explicitly advocate jihad & murder. New Testament advocates pacifism while supporting self defense. Jesus restores Centurion's ear and admonishes Peter and also advises the disciples to buy daggers for self protection and as a travel tool.

Thousands of Blacks (and even many Mexicans, believe it or not!) were lynched by the Klan.

It is a terrorist organization.

If the Nation of Islam had done a similar thing, it would never be allowed to exist. That just goes to show how racist this country is.

• Jeffrey N6 years agoReport

The 'Nation of Islam' does do it, on a regular basis. They call it homicidal bombings. They recruit their young, gullible children to carry-out the actions, as the twisted, weak punks that dream up this evil are too cowardly to do it!

Kkk Lynching

Not nearly as many as you think.

And maybe we should ban all hate groups. And ban all hate.

Let's just ban all thinking, positive or negative.

If your teacher gave you this assignment he or she is an idiot.

Source(s): For the idiot above me: Show me your proof Downriver Dave: She asked for KKK stats Frosty: Thank you for making sense!!!