Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Name Origin Guess?

When you hear (well read) this name "Jamiélin Pendarvis", what origin does it sound (example: French, Greek, Scottish, ect)? Pronounced Zhom-Ee-Ay-Leen Pin-Dar-Vus" Don't look the name origins up on the internet (you probably wouldn't find much on the names anyway). Have fun.

Update:

Also does "Jamiélin" sound like a male name, a female name or a neautral name?

Update 2:

Pendarvis is the last name. Not a middle name. Jamiélin in my opinion, is too strong of a name to have a middle name follow it.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like something from central africa to me

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The first name sounds like French or Portuguese, and I THINK it's a boy's name, though it could easily be a girl's as well. As for the second part, it definitely sounds boyish to me, though more like a last name. I would say that with the second name, it sounds more Portuguese than French.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It sounds like french or something similar to me? Now I want to know the origin...dang you!

I take that back the longer I look and read it the more I think it sounds like irish or scottish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jamielin (sorry can't find the accent) I think is a clever amalgamation of "Jamie" and "Lynne" so I'll say American being clever but I'm probably wrong. Pendarvis sounds Scottish to me. Whole lot sounds female.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It sounds like French to me, but more of a French name that would be used in an African country, like Sierra Leone.

• 1 decade ago

First name- I'd think French. The second name sounds Greek to me. It sounds girlie to me because it has Ayleen in it which is a girls name.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds maybe Greek to me. I would think it sounds more like a girl's name, though.

• 1 decade ago

well his last name sounds greek to me...pendarvis...actually the first part penda sounds like the greek word for the number 5

and all i can come up with for the first name is french

first name i think sounds neutral..either boy or girl!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

female, french

• 1 decade ago

That sounds perverse, sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.