Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Name Origin Guess?

When you hear (well read) this name "Jamiélin Pendarvis", what origin does it sound (example: French, Greek, Scottish, ect)? Pronounced Zhom-Ee-Ay-Leen Pin-Dar-Vus" Don't look the name origins up on the internet (you probably wouldn't find much on the names anyway). Have fun.

Also does "Jamiélin" sound like a male name, a female name or a neautral name?

Pendarvis is the last name. Not a middle name. Jamiélin in my opinion, is too strong of a name to have a middle name follow it.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like something from central africa to me

The first name sounds like French or Portuguese, and I THINK it's a boy's name, though it could easily be a girl's as well. As for the second part, it definitely sounds boyish to me, though more like a last name. I would say that with the second name, it sounds more Portuguese than French.

• ?

It sounds like french or something similar to me? Now I want to know the origin...dang you!

I take that back the longer I look and read it the more I think it sounds like irish or scottish.

Jamielin (sorry can't find the accent) I think is a clever amalgamation of "Jamie" and "Lynne" so I'll say American being clever but I'm probably wrong. Pendarvis sounds Scottish to me. Whole lot sounds female.

It sounds like French to me, but more of a French name that would be used in an African country, like Sierra Leone.

First name- I'd think French. The second name sounds Greek to me. It sounds girlie to me because it has Ayleen in it which is a girls name.

Sounds maybe Greek to me. I would think it sounds more like a girl's name, though.

well his last name sounds greek to me...pendarvis...actually the first part penda sounds like the greek word for the number 5

and all i can come up with for the first name is french

first name i think sounds neutral..either boy or girl!

female, french

That sounds perverse, sorry!