Can mild dysplasia really go away on its own?

I am 24 years old and 6 months ago I had an abnormal pap smear. I went back in the next week for a second pap and this too came back abnormal. After this I had a biopsy and coloscopy and they discovered I have mild dysplasia cause by HPV. Well on a scale of 1-10 ( 1 being nothing and 10 being cancer, I was a 3). My gyno said that because I was so young I would probably fight it own my own. I just went back yesterday (6 months later) for another pap to see if it went away, is the same or is worse. I won't hear for 2 weeks the results. And I am panicking. All I can think about is that in the 6 months it go severly worse.

Has anyone actually had mild dysplasia clear up on its own?

• hello
    Favorite Answer

I have. I have high-risk HPV and had mild dysplasia. My first pap after colposcopy and cryotherapy came back abnormal, but no worse than before. My second pap was normal. I have my third one since cryo in about a week and I'm hopeful. It would be really unlikely for it to go from mild to very severe in only 6 months...In relative terms dysplasia is slow-moving. Relax. I know waiting sucks but you're staying as on top of the situation as you can.

• stiff

Maybe, HPV is a plague that's dwelling within the floor cells of your cervix. Your frame must hold to combat this illness and expectantly transparent it. However, if the virus isn't cleared, there may be competencies for the dysplasia to worsen and finally result in melanoma. This takes a few a at the same time even though. The nice factor to do is hold to look your Ob/Gyn and get the ones pap smears performed.