Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysThanksgiving · 1 decade ago

do you prefer a nice home-cooked meal on Thanksgiving instead of dining out?

i love making stuff at home and inviting family over but my mom is tried of that. its not the same anymore. oh well.

Best Answer

I'd give anything for a good home cooked meal again...especially if it was my mom's, she passed away seven years ago right before Thanksgiving Day. Holiday's are so hard on me now....... :-(

• Yup! Home cooked meals are 100x better than dining out regardless of the restaurant! It could be the most exquisite restaurant on Earth and I would still prefer a home cooked Thanksgiving.

I may take a doggie bag from that exquisite restaurant though!!..lol

Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. It's not about gifts or dressing up or anything. Its about eating yourself stupid and laying on the couch. What a great day!!!! Actually one of the best things about Thanksgiving is the leftovers the next day. Definitely dinner at home. If your mom wont cook youre invited to my house... just dont eat the last piece of apple pie!!!!!

Yes! Nothing is the same as home cooking on Thanksgiving. Maybe give your mom the day off and tell her not to cook a thing. She's probably just tired of the work. It is a LOT of work!

I'm cooking a home cooked meal it going to be very good. I would rather eat thanksgiving dinner in a nice house w/ just the family. :)

Oh yes...home cooking is the only way to go in my book. There are so many memories created that way.

Maybe Mom is tired of being responsible for the Thanksgiving gathering. Could someone else maybe do it at their home this year to give her a break. Just a suggestion.

Thanksgiving meals are always served in restaurants but the real spirit of Thanksgiving can only be had at home.... even if it's take-away. The important thing is for everyone to sit at home (anybody's home) at the table together.

I enjoy a nice home cooked meal. Our daughter has been living in NC with her family the past 3 years, and even during those times when they weren't able to be with us, I still enjoyed cooking for my husband, my mother in law and myself. It's not how many you have around you, it's being thankful that you have people to love and who love you.

home cooked meal!

i don't understand how people can go out to eat on a major holiday like thanksgiving and christmas. to me, that's a time to stay home and spend privately with family. not in a loud restaurant with a bunch of whiny people waiting for a table for 16 and listening to a bunch of clattering dishes. ugh!

I HATE dining out on Thanksgiving. That's like having Christmas at Target.