booboo
Lv 7
booboo asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Seeing as so many people on the non Islamist terrorist side of the war?

seem to have a major problem with going after the countries who are sponsoring/ harboring and supporting terrorists, is this going to leave just one side actually fighting a war and everybody else walking around with their arms covering their heads waiting for the next attack?.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think I understand your question. We do have a few supporters in the Islamic world as well as most of the democracies. Currently the political leaders of some of the countries openingly giving us material support are facing great oppositon at home. Some may even be voted out for sending troops to Iraq and elsewhere. So, we're not actually alone out there.

I think our biggest mistake right now is in not attacking the terrorists at their support bases, like Syria and Iran. Those are the two nations causing the greatest problems for our troops. We cannot contain terrorism without taking out those who are supplying them with volunteers and materiel. Should we go to war against Iran and Syria? Well, if we don't this situation we're in now will just continue. We have to treat murderous rogue states as we would individual murderers. Attack them and defeat them completely. No holds barred all out warfare. The enemy will only continue to plague the democracies with murder and mayhem if we do not act decisively and forcefully.

• geegee
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well, we seem to have our hands pretty full just now in Iraq & Afghanistan; don't really think we can take on any more Muslim countries at the moment, do you, really? We know what they are doing, but what can we do about it, Nuke them! Thats about the only thing I can think of to stop them. Since we are not going to do that, yet, guess we will just have to put up with their backstabbing & hope it doesn't get worse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.