Is there a way to hook up my television to my computer?

okay this might sound crazy and if it can't be done then damn it..someone needs to find a way,....ok this might be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways lol..here it goes....is there a way to hook my television and use it as a monitor for my computer...I have been watching shows on my computer... show more okay this might sound crazy and if it can't be done then damn it..someone needs to find a way,....ok this might be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways lol..here it goes....is there a way to hook my television and use it as a monitor for my computer...I have been watching shows on my computer and my screen is 17'' soooo I was wanting to see if i could use my regular television as a monitor for my computer so that the screen would be bigger and I could enjoy the shows better....If there is a special red, white, and yellow cord thingy...or a special cord to put in the back of my modem, and the back of my television FYI I have windows vista, and a desktop....thanks
Update: most details...what cable and connect it to what and from what??