Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

Broadband Speed Test Results?

I have recently got connected to SKY MAX BROADBAND (up to 16meg service)

I am about 1.2 km from the exchange.

I have been running some speed tests and results seem to come out as follows:

Download rate: 11418 Kbs

Upload rate: 650 Kbs

Ping: 66 ms

Just wondered what people thought of these results, and ar there any ways of tweaking or improving speeds???

Also, what does PING mean?

Cheers

Is higher or lower PING results better?

Is there anyway to improve speeds?

Favorite Answer

Pretty good speeds. If you didn't use speedtest.net, I would suggest using it because it allows you to test your server and other servers around the world.

ping is a computer network tool used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an IP network. It works by sending ICMP “echo request” packets to the target host and listening for ICMP “echo response” replies. ping estimates the round-trip time, generally in milliseconds, and records any packet loss, and prints a statistical summary when finished.

Source(s): wikipedia

"Ping" is a computer network tool used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an IP network. It works by sending ICMP “echo request” packets to the target host and listening for ICMP “echo response” replies. ping estimates the round-trip time, generally in milliseconds, and records any packet loss, and prints a statistical summary when finished.

The word ping is also frequently used as a verb or noun, where it can refer directly to the round-trip time, the act of running a ping program or measuring the round-trip time.

Can someone tell me what is the right answer for this question?