Photography business questions?

Okay, everyone. I think I have finally found my calling. I am very much enjoying taking photographs and may not be that great as of know; but, feel I have potential if I keep pursuing it and have better equipment (that's a big one). So, if I wanted to start my own business (always have) and wanted to use my... show more Okay, everyone. I think I have finally found my calling. I am very much enjoying taking photographs and may not be that great as of know; but, feel I have potential if I keep pursuing it and have better equipment (that's a big one). So, if I wanted to start my own business (always have) and wanted to use my photography skills, what would you suggest? An art shop, sell in a local hometown store, my own website or should I do like a portrait studio or weddings, and other ceremonies and stuff? What do you think would give me the most diversity (you know, so I can attract all ages and people of all kinds). I really love taking pictures of nature; although, on the other hand, I take some great pictures of children (there are alot around me..lol). Thanks for the input. Also, where would I go to see about grants? What types of programs for digital photography are there that are as good as photoshop, but cheaper. Thanks.
9 answers 9