Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Are ultrasonic pest repellers safe to use?

Are they ok to use around pets and children? Do they have any negative long term affects as far as hearing goes? What is the best ultrasonic pest repeller out there for a decent price?

Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • B Anne
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They are probably safe but they don't work. Here is an article from the FTC website where they have brought actions against companies claiming that the devices repel insects and rodents.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/05/fyi0128.shtm

• 3 years ago

Are Ultrasonic Pest Repellers Safe

• 4 years ago

Probably not....... I live in Central America and use the Ultrasonic Pest Reppellers to keep those little beasts out of the house

• shrdlu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They are probably safe to use but from all I've read they are useless.

Anything that will drive pests away would also drive you and your pets away.

Check with Consumers Guide at your library for more info.

Maybe try wicopedia.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

To add up:: they are ultra sounds, they're not o.k. for pets, it disturbs them. We never know when someone is using one to chut down a dog if he wants to intrude a house... As for babies we don't know if there's research on that. Any negative affects on hearing, no, we can't hear those sounds, there in a range of wave that human ears can't hear. Think of ultrasound when you see the doctor for pregnancy.

• ken G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have one and can,t be sure that it works I have two cats on the main floor and one repeller in the basement I have no rodent problem any more Got me if it works?? the cats are ok also.

• Tim E
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.