Is the verdict of Sandigan Bayan for Joseph Estrada fair? Why?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

don't feel bad for the guy. let's not forget where he will be imprisoned. life imprisonment in tanay? his rest house! you call that imprisonment? he won't be mingling in our crowded jails together with the rest of the convicts. he will be in his centralized airconditioned rest house practically doing anything he wishes. the only thing he won't be able to do is go outside... he may as well build a swimming pool and other recreation there so that people can stay and visit him anytime. you call that too much? he's practically going unpunished if you ask me. in a few years he will be too old to wander about so he'll just be staying home...

• 1 decade ago

Fair!!! The real sense of justice is being justified in this verdict. Guilty upon reasonable doubt. No one is above the law,whether your a president, lawmaker, elite people ,and common tao, everybody should be convicted if found guilty.Gumising na tayong lahat, parang awa nyo na wag na kayong magpagamit sa mga pulitikong pulpol at corrupt. Isunod natin si Gloria and all the corrupt politician go to hell all of you!!!

• 1 decade ago

I don't believe so. Erap Estrada had served the country as mayor, senator and vice president with little incident, meaning that at the said times, he had managed to do good things for this country. Many other politicians had stolen even more things from the motherland, with the difference being that *they* didn't get caught in the act. I'm thinking this is political manipulation... Erap is conveniently right there, so they blame everything on just one person and overlook all the others who do just the same right under our noses.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fair. Its good to know that the justice system of the Philippine Republic is working. Former President or common tao, no one is above the law!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I believe it's fair. To say no is like the court has given the wrong verdict.

• 1 decade ago

can't say its fair right now, maybe after i read why the Sandigan Bayan justices come up with that decision, anyone here knows where can i find it?

• 1 decade ago

FAIR. It was in accordance to the law of the Republic of the Philippines.

Source(s): news
  • yeman
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Fair but Chavit Singson, Atong Ang plus GMA's corrupt officials (like Garci, Abalos, Jocjoc, etc) should be imprisoned too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, its fair. Because the evidence are completely defined and strong against him.

• 1 decade ago

yes. because he's really guilty.

good to know that there is still justice in this country, albeit a twisted one...

this will create a ripple effect, though. expect chaos in the days to come.

geez, this can get quite dreadful...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.