I have REALLY bad Jet Lag. What can I do to adjust to the time?

I've just arrived from Asia on a 18 hour flight. I read somewhere, that eastward flights are much worse, since you are going back in time. I agree so, since from Midnight to 6 AM. I am absolutely awake, and cannot sleep. But at 5PM, when I come home, all I can think of is sleep! I'd skip dinner for a... show more I've just arrived from Asia on a 18 hour flight. I read somewhere, that eastward flights are much worse, since you are going back in time. I agree so, since from Midnight to 6 AM. I am absolutely awake, and cannot sleep. But at 5PM, when I come home, all I can think of is sleep! I'd skip dinner for a nap.

The timezone differrence I am in is 14 hours! When its 1PM here, its 3 AM there. Somebody help! Its really hard for me to go through this every night. I've heard the most effective is to stay awake for an entire day and night, but for me, I won't be able to last that long.

Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: Lunesta, Ambien or other sleep meds are dangerous to take during jet lag.
Update: I has been three days I have arrived in the USA...
1 answer 1