Such a thing as a Dimmer timer?

Growing up in my parents home, we had a programmable wall timer for the dining room chandelier we used each week. I distinctively remember it could be dimmed as well.

I'm installing new light switches in our new home and can't find such a product at all! Either there are dimmers, or programmable timers, but not one that functions as both. I'm sure they exist, anyone? I've found ones that have a "countdown timer" but I need a programmable lcd.

(I'm planning on fitting it in a 3gang box, but I know I'm already asking alot)

Here's what I'm looking for but need one w/ dimmer

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5661/6b021an5pv...

• Favorite Answer

www.ProLighting.com offers a Lutron MA-600 preset dimmer that stays on for 10 seconds after you turn it off, so that you still have light and enough time to leave the room before it goes dark.

The same site also has a dual dimmer-countdown timer switch (Lutron MA-L3T251) that's made to control a fan AND light...it should be possible to wire it without having to use both halves of the switch...but I'd check with a licensed electrician about it...might even be worth having them install it, to avoid any personal liability issues.

Source(s): handyperson

RE:

Such a thing as a Dimmer timer?

I'm installing new light switches in our new home and can't find such a product at all! Either there are dimmers, or...

The simplist thing to do, is just put a dimmer after the timer. That way, when you walk into the room while the light is on, you can adjust the light level to your choosing.

In all of my years of electrical knowledge, I have never heard of what you describe, at least not here in America.

Try looking at Lowes. I didn't know the dimmer switches were on timers. Our dining room dimmer just dims the lights & that's it.