Swirl Tattoo?

I have seen two people in from my university who have the same tattoo. They are both women, and I really like the tattoo, but I want to know what it means. I have searched for images of swirl tattoos, but none of the images that come up are the same swirl. It's a really specific swirl: -It's a thick... show more I have seen two people in from my university who have the same tattoo. They are both women, and I really like the tattoo, but I want to know what it means. I have searched for images of swirl tattoos, but none of the images that come up are the same swirl. It's a really specific swirl:

-It's a thick black swirl (I think one of the girls has a bit of green in hers)
-It only wraps around itself like twice
-It's very basic, it is just a 2-dimensional swirl that is shaded in completely. It doesn't have any shadow or anything else with it

I can't find any images of it, but if you know what I'm talking about please include a link to a picture!
Update: I would just ask, but I don't see these people very often at all. I wouldn't have asked on the internet if it was really just that simple!

Also, it's not a trendy looking tattoo...it's extremely basic, so that is why I am guessing there is a real meaning!