Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Home remedies for a urniary tract infection?

I can't seem to get rid of it. I can't do cranberry juice because of the sugar content

Favorite Answer

You really should go to a doctor and get an antibiotic, but there is a product line called AZO that takes care of yeast and urinary infections. The best things that I have done in the past to improvise while I was on the run and did'nt get any cranberry juice were these things: if you take baths, make sure you scrub out the bathtub with bleach or a bleach based cleanser (use gloves as chlorine absorbs into the skin) and scrub the area the most where your bottom is sitting. Rinse it out, and put a little baking soda in your tub water. Using a Vinegar and water douche (do not insert it all the way into your vagina, just only about two inches and make sure you flush the water against your urethra (where the urine comes out) as well. ) Wear clean breathable cotton crotch panties (sweaty nylon or irritating g-strings will sweat you out and feed the bacteria) and wear pads that have no fragrance in them, and change the pad every time you urinate...It will give your vagina a clean place to be and heal. Also, your body is telling you that it has a lot of junk in your system that needs to get out and it is having a difficult time because there is not enough water being flushed through your system. I cannot stress the importance of drinking more water, my memory has improved so much now that I get my 6 to 8 glass a day quota. You're really dehydrated, and if you let it go without more water, to flush it out, your body will suck the infection further in and give you a kidney infection, which is harder to get over. I hope this all helps. Consuming more vitamin C, and putting organic plain yogurt on a pad at night when you are relaxed and have nothing to do will restore the good bacteria balance down there. Artificial sweeteners are a bad idea, as they cause severe vaginal, anal, and intestinal bacteria imbalance and not to mention, the ether and formaldehyde in aspartame and saccharin cause brain tumors and kill off remaining beta cells in your pancreas. The sweetener called stevia is a good natural sweetener as it nourishes good bacteria in your body and helps your pancreas regulate body blood sugar levels...things aspartame and saccarin and sorbitol could never do. These "artificial sweeteners" cause so much more harm to your bodies' immunity than good, so those are other factors to consider. I hope this helps, have a wonderful day.

Source(s): My dad is a doctor, mom is a nurse, I am in med school

Consume lots of garlic. Garlic as many people already know is a natural antibiotic.

Here is what I normally do for any type of infection:

-Squeeze 2 large lemons into a cup

-Chop or use a garlic crusher

-Mix it all together and drink it, you can also add a little honey

You can do this 3 times a day and it will get rid of your infection!

Once you get the infection, there's not much you can do other than get an antibiotic. You could certainly try something like concentrated cranberry (see link). It's typically for prevention, but you can certainly try it as a treatment if you're against the use of antibiotics.

You should probably head down to the doctor. It may go away on its own without antibiotics, but, if it doesn't, it will only get worse and may cause other problems like a hole (fistula) between your urethra and vagina, or a kidney infection, which will end up making you VERY sick.

There is nothing to do but go to the dr. If you wait and the pain goes away and you think you are better that is a BIG mistake! The dr. will give you antibiotics to treat it. Once it is done try and get on a cranberry regimine. There are cranberry pills on the market if you cant handle the liquid.

• Tasha

Try diet cranberry juice. I mean is there diet?

Azo is an over the counter bladder infection reliever, right?

I would do Echinacea Golden Seal (the herbal anti-biotic) and Uriklean. Uriklean is for the bladder. It will mend and repair damaged tissue.

Source(s): I am an herbalist Urinary Tract Infection Treatment: http://www.masterpeaceinc.com/shop/catalog/product...

Juniper Berry (capsules) are more effective than cranberry juice and no sugar

You should go to the Dr. they will give you an antibiotic. I just took my son in to the Dr. for one yesterday. The antibiotic won't cost much, only cost about $5.00.