Do I need to hire a carpenter/contractor and someone to hook the gas up?

We want to have a gas fireplace installed. When I called the store that sells and installs the fireplace, they said that all the framing and such would have to be done by a carpenter/contractor. They said that the labor fees that they charge are just for bringing the fireplace in, putting it where it needs to go,... show more We want to have a gas fireplace installed. When I called the store that sells and installs the fireplace, they said that all the framing and such would have to be done by a carpenter/contractor. They said that the labor fees that they charge are just for bringing the fireplace in, putting it where it needs to go, venting it, and getting it ready to be hooked up. So, does this mean I need to hire a carpenter/contractor AND someone to hook the gas up? Can a carpenter/contractor do the installation for me so I don't have to pay the fireplace store to do it?