Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it normal for a 48 yr old lady ........?

to have a strong sexual drive? I used to think women reach their peak in their 30's , but is it common for a 48 yr old woman to have a libido of a woman in her 20's and 30's ?

thanks

Favorite Answer

Absolutely - enjoy it! I've heard recently that many women peak in their 40's and 50's ...i think it may just be a matter of feeling more confident and comfortable with yourself, your body and your sexuality as you mature and gain life experience.

• Marc G

Since most married men seem to complain when they are in their 40s that their wives are not interested in sex as much they once were, I'd say it is not normal for a 48 year old woman to have a strong sex drive, but about half of the long-time married population wishes it was normal!

• JOHN B

YES

It is not unusual at all.

Often children have left home-gives you freedom to do what you want when you want.

also which I think is very important do not have to worry about risk of pregnancy--very liberating

You have experience-are happy with your body.

all this leads to freedom resulting in a liberating sex drive.Enjoy it --there is no guilt. One practical point however it is in this group that STD is increasing.It may not be relevant in your case but for others it maybe--so be sensible(rather boring I know after many years of being so)

Source(s): doctor( p.s. I am older than you)

Sex gets better as you age. If you don't do it__you will lose the desire. I'm middle age & sex has never been better. I weigh 110 pds &I look 10 years younger than I am. I still have a strong sexual drive !!!

I think @ 48 you are still menopausal who knows what is going to happen to us during this stage

Hopefully you have a partner that you are happy with if so don't complain it may never happen again!!!

I know my husband of 27 years would love it!

yep it's normal. Women tend to hit a high point in sexual drive after menopause because mentally they feel freer knowing that their risk of pregnancy is over.

Sure - Go you!

Just make sure that you are healthy enough for sexual activity (don't get to wild there...)

yes it is normal

Rare though for her to have a Mate that will have as stong of drive

unless He is way Younger than her

omy gawd, of course! you go!!

as long as you can find someone to help you get off, or don't be afraid to go it alone....

"do it as for as long as you feel it!"

sure - especially if they are still producing estrogen etc or on HRT