Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

Do people who suffer from GERD also have problems with nausea?

I am on medication to control my GERD but just about every morning I am nauseated at verying degrees of severity (some mornings it is just annoying and others I can't move for fear of vomiting). Is this normal? I have had the testing done and other than the lining of my esophagus being erroded my doctor does not see anything else wrong other han the GERD. And no I am not pregnant.

Favorite Answer

I am not a doctor, so either way you will want to talk to them, but this is what I have to say as a long time sufferer of Acid Reflux (G.E.R.D.)!

Three part answer information, what not to do, and what to do!

INFORMATION!!!!!!

I have a very severe case of Acid Reflux (G.E.R.D.). I have had to go to the hospital for some of the heartburn that I have had because the pain can become overwhelming or your breathing can be effected. It can be caused by Smoking, Drinking Beverages with caffeine (My case), Drinking Beverages with Alcohol, or can be Hereditary

The good thing about G.E.R.D. is that it can be a temporary thing and can be cured. It is never a permit thing even if you end up with it for the rest of your life it has the ability to be cured.

WHAT NOT TO DO!!!!!!!!

In most cases, stress is a factor to the reflux if you watch what you eat and reduce some of the stress it will help. If you watch what you eat for about a week you should find relief, if you do not then that is when you definitely what to listen to the doctor. Things to watch for are as follows:

Fatty Foods

Citrus Foods

Foods That Contain Grease

Fried Foods

Chocolate (including any Coco)

Caffeine

Smoking

Alcohol

Tomato Based Products

Lactose

WHAT TO DO!!!!

The two foods that I recommend is Black strap Molasses and Raw honey. The apple is better for night time reflux while these will work for just about all of it. What you will do is take about a tsp. of whatever one you chose. Molasses being the better because of strength and nutrition, but must be use to the taste. What the substance will do is stick to the sides of the esophagus and do two things, one is heal and the other is protect.

On the healing end, both substances have a healing property in them, and as they sit on the walls of the esophagus they will heal it. This is also helpful if you have a sore throat in the morning from refluxing.

On the protection end, both substances are high in sugar and when acid that is refluxed comes up to that the sugar will neutralize it and it will not longer be a problem at that point.

I would also look to putting Cinnamon in you diet, it has been know to help with digestion and will help you reduce the amount of acid needed to brake down food, therefore causing you to reflux less.

1

Source(s): Top Ranked Heartburn Plan - http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?GAG

2

Source(s): Cure Acid Reflux http://renditl.info/AcidRefluxUltimateCure

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am on medication to control my GERD but just about every morning I am nauseated at verying degrees of severity (some mornings it is just annoying and others I can't move for fear of vomiting). Is this normal? I have had the testing done and other than the lining of my esophagus being...

Source(s): people suffer gerd problems nausea: https://shortly.im/sbZry

Medical Researcher, Nutritionist, Health Consultant and Former

Acid Reflux Sufferer Teaches You How To:

•Permanently Cure Your Acid Reflux Within 2 Months

•Gain Permanent Relief From Heartburn In 48 Hours!

•Eliminate Your Chest Pain and Burning Sensation

•Get Rid of Burping, Belching and Flatulence

•Dramatically Enhance Digestive and Intestinal Health and Achieve Lasting Freedom From Most Digestive Disorders

•Get a Peaceful Night Sleep! No More Pain! No More Sleepless Nights! No More Bed-Wedge Pillows!

•Eliminate the risk of cancer, high blood pressure and Alzheimers from prescription medications!

•ave thousands of dollars in prescription medications, over the counters, doctor visits or surgery!

•estore Your Energy Levels and Improve The Quality Of Your Life Dramatically...Guaranteed!

100% guaranteed, clinically researched system that is backed by 35,000+ hours of intense medical research for eliminating acid reflux and heartburn for good – http://heartburnnomore.zano.info

Source(s): Discover How He's Healed Himself From Chronic 11 Year Acid Reflux and Taught Thousands Of People Worldwide To Be Free From Acid Reflux, Heartburn and Most Digestive Problems - http://heartburnnomore.zano.info

No. GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease is due to the weakening of the sphincter between esophagus and gaster.

Nausea is caused by anti-peristalsis, that is a moving upward peristalsis movement, instead of normally moving down.

Are you eating late in the evening???

Avoiding alcohol and spicy, fatty or acidic foods that trigger heartburn

Eating smaller meals

Not eating close to bedtime

Losing weight if needed

Wearing loose-fitting clothes