pb.fan asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

In Eagles and Packers game... Was Packers's first Touchdown wrong.?

I think that td shouldn't be. i think it was a wrong call.

what do you think about?

Favorite Answer

The first touchdown was a bonehead play by Lewis. I am a

Eagles fan and still am pissed off. The first one was a right call because the Packers clearly recovered the ball. The second one was so retarded by Reed. He should have let it bounce instead of trying to after it when surrounded by those Packers. The first touchdown was a good call but the second one was bad.

First of all what do you mean wrong, It definitely was a muffed punt and the defender had some pretty good timing so it looked like the defender interfered. The only thing that I think is questionable is the spotting of the ball. The guy might have kicked it on purpose to get the touchdown. That's football and life and both must go on. The play that was a bad call was the Bears vs. the Chargers. The D line player was definitely offsides it was clear as day and the refs didn't call it.

I also have an issue with the first call. I do not believe that Lewis had enough space to make a clean catch. I am surprised that Coach Reid didn't try to make that point with the ref. Am I simply looking at this as a fan?

Having said that, I am disgusted that the Birds can lose a game to the Pack without allowing an offensive touchdown. I was concerned about the defense, not the offense' ability to score.

I am a Packer fan, but I'll be the first one to admit that the refs blew the call there. Green Bay should have been flagged for kick catch interference since they did not give the returner enough space to field the kick.

No it was the right call. He made the mistake of not signaling for the fair catch.

If anything was to blame on the loss was the horrible play calling at times of the Eagles.

I didn't have a problem with the call. I did, however, wonder why the returner didn't signal a fair catch.

But it wasn't entirely his fault that they lost, they played like it was still pre-season.

This got me to thinking that there should be a new statistic, one that accounts for all the times a team beats itself.

Lewis muffed the punt. But the ball is considered a live ball. It can be returned for a touchdown.

Way to go Pack!

• Who cares, the Packers won fair and square.

Enough with the excuses!!!

Wrong? Puh-lease!!!! How is it a wrong call? Muffed punt...??????

I love Stan!! I'm happy, too!

• stan l

I don't think so, and the Eagles lost so I'M HAPPY.