What is the worst nightmare that you've ever had?

I don't mean this as "what is your worst nightmare", but in a more literal sense. I'm writing a film about nightmares and need a variety of ideas to work from. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

cooking puppies in a skillet, and frustrated because They where still wiggling and I could not get the seasoning right.

I still get shivers.

Write about dreams that are common to most people, but add a twist. IE if many people dream about losing their teeth what would your story look like if you dreamed about growing new teeth?

I recalled specific things that had happened while I was under surgery a couple of times. I don't want to go into too much details really but kept dreaming for a few night after surgery about things that happened during surgery, I was apparrently 'remembering' things that only the the medical staff could have known. When I did ask the hospital staff about my surgery, they were surprised when I asked them did they do such and such.. they were rather gob-smacked I would say. It was terrifying too in the dream because I felt the procedures happening but didn't actually feel the pain. I still think about it.

• mayben

i've got have been given 3 that i'll share. Yaaaaay tale time. those have been all reoccurring targets from some years in the past. besides, in one, there replaced into this cave i replaced into in and there replaced into fire everywhere. different than for the place i replaced into status. yet there replaced into this truly creepy evil dude (he replaced into in all likelihood around 10) that ended up getting his head severed and it rolled over to me. and then the eyes opened and he did this evil chortle. Then i might awaken. yet another one replaced into the place i replaced into being chased in my residing house with the aid of a serial killer with an ax. and that i might awaken actual while the guy replaced into protecting the ax above my mom's head. Everytime. ultimately, I used to have this dream the place i replaced into in a very creepy, old nail salon. And there have been style heads everywhere. And there replaced right into a door that lead right down to the basement, which replaced into pitch black. And the door might open and those hands might grab my feet. So then i might fall to the floor and the hands might drag me in the direction of the door, yet i could be scratching on the floor and my nails might rip off, ya understand, like they do interior the flicks. form of ironic that it replaced into in a nail salon...

Once I dreamed that we kept electing psychotics into office as the President of the US. Bush, Clinton, Bush... Oh,wait! That was real, wasn't it?

How about the time I was a Naval Aviator shot down on some godforsaken island, then chased down and killed by a Jap officer in some abandoned grass shack village. The bullet woke me up, and it kept hurting for about 30 seconds afterwards.

Bouricaboy, you actually got to wear underwear? Lucky you!

I used to have these really really realistic dreams (nightmares) that I would have to wake myself up from because they were so real like someone was breaking in my house with me in bed asleep and then when I would wake myself up thinking I needed to call the police because someone was breaking in, I would get so upset at myself because it was just a dream and would be gone with my waking. I could still remember it but as soon as I would wake myself up I would know it had been nothing real. Very annoying.

Lately i have been having dreams of falling from a high place!! I dont know where it came from but i am scared of hights anyways. My old nightmare was being trapped under ice and not being able to reach the surface.

I used to have dreams about spirits coming to my bed and strangling me to death but the worst was when Randall Flag from The Stand movie was sitting on my bed and in the dream he was the devil and he was talking with more than one voice and he said something like "and now you will die" and then he strangled me.

That dream scared the **** out of me and I still think about it years later!

• That I mistakenly walk into a really bad area of of town late at night and the chaps with the knives start noticing me and following me and then they are just about to harm me--then I wake up-every time.

Being chased into my bathroom and shot nine times. But then again, I've been shot before. But not nine times and not in my bathroom.

Anyway, yes there was very real pain there.

My recommendation, never get shot. And if you dream you're getting chased into your bathroom and about to get shot nine times, wake up and avoid the whole messy incident.

it happened when i was restoring some old b&w photos from the 30"s and the 40"s .. most of them were of small kids .. after spending a couple of days staring at those photos .. i got a nightmare of this group of kids chasing and finally cornering when i asked them what they wanted they told me they wanted my blood.. at that point i woke up ... those old pics of kids from that era are spooky..