Should Joseph Estrada be acquitted? Why?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes and no - remember that he is there under two charges... Plunder, and signing someone else's name in a bank account.

The win-win situation would be to clear him of the plunder (he is innocent until sentenced, and his accuser Singsong is an admitted plunderer himself), and sentence him of name forgery to 6 years which he has served already.

Well, that's my feelings. And I'd like to see some of his movies again.

From all of the other answers, I see that if you repeat often enough that someone is guilty, it becomes so. Sad.

More: read http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=...

• 1 decade ago

No. Joseph Estrada should be punished for his deeds. If we were in China, Joseph Estrada should have already been executed by lethal injection just like the Chinese Minister of Food and Drugs. If you want graft and corruption to stop, stricter laws should be implemented and adhered to.

• 1 decade ago

He should, at the very least, serve time for the corruption and money laundering. So no, he shouldn't be acquitted. The Filipino people have paid a dear price because of his thievery - the continuous poverty - and the fact that the people's hard-earned taxes were part of the loot is very maddening.

• 1 decade ago

To unite the country, id rather see him acquitted. Enough has happened already, nobody is perfect. Even GMA ? You think our own government know doesn't have any conspiracies? Well in fact they do. Id rather see both the Administration and Opposition both shaking hands and ending this conflict.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

YES! He is my Idol and should be acquitted. He has everything, drinking and gambling every night! Lots of women and lots of dumb followers too!

He should be acquitted and be relocated in a small island together with his family and followers. He could start a real-life show like the ozbournes and be aired in ABS-CBN or GMA. Vices + followers + media + erap jokes = One of the greatest reality shows on TV.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the arroyo administration has to their best interest the conviction of estrada. just imagine how the people would react if he is exonerated and it would put to question her legitimacy as president of our republic.

the reason for the idea of presidential clemency for erap.

• ericka
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes. because if estrada will be proven guilty, they should put arroyo, ramos and all other corrupt officials in jail too!

i don't like estrada but the philippine government should be fair will everyone.

• 1 decade ago

Sure, why not ? They let the biggest crook of all Marcos escape the coutry and to add insult to injury allowed Imelda back into the country. Imagine that ? !!!

• MAGpie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No. He used my tax money to drink 50,000 worth of wine every night while he's still the president., while the 60% of Filipinos go to sleep at night hungry.

• junior
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

the court has the best position to say conviction or acquittal. for a conviction, the court should say it without any doubt, or else, he should be acquitted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.