Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Public land deer hunting in Arkansas?

Does anyone know any good public hunting land in Arkansas?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Arkansas Game and Fish Commission has lots of public lease land. Most require a $20.00 permit plus your license fee. $10.50 for resident and about $125.00 for non resident.

The Cherokee lease has always done well for me. My family has harvested quite a few nice bucks off of it over the years. It's kinda chopped up, but the areas near Drasco and Wilburn are real productive.

The Buffalo River National forest is also supposed to be a nice place to hunt. I've not had a chance to hunt there yet, but it is on my "to do" list.

Both of these areas offer great deer hunting as well as some black bear. If you choose to hunt the National Forest around Jasper you might also get to see some elk. But, the elk can only be taking by elk permit holders. These permits are lottery style drawings held in June.

There is also some nice public land in Lonoke and White county, but from what I've seen of it, it appears to have alot of swampy areas.

If you want a real chance of a nice buck on public land in Arkansas you will have to hike into it. There really seems to be a trend for people to only hunt in places where you can drive a truck within a few hundred yards of the stand. That's fine with me. That way they aren't deep in the woods where I'm hunting. I usually have better luck than those guys.

Good Luck and happy hunting.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Public Hunting Land In Arkansas

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Public land deer hunting in Arkansas?

Does anyone know any good public hunting land in Arkansas?

Source(s): public land deer hunting arkansas: https://biturl.im/slX0y
  • 1 decade ago

I prefer zones 6 and 7.

Buts its a personal choice.

Arkansas has public land or wildlife management areas all over. Check with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.

Miketyson26

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Injun
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hi my buddy lives there and said to check this site out!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

White Rock has always been good to me.

• 1 decade ago

sounds fun....let me grab my rifle

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.