What is a principal in a small private company?

If I am listed as a principal of a company can this happen without my knowledge? Isn't there certain papers I would need to sign? I have no ownership in this privately held company.

It's a corporation

state of Arizona

Listing with the Better Business Bureau

I would probably be considered a room manager or maybe a branch manager.

• Tim F
    Best Answer

A "principal" of a company is a non-legal term that means "one of the primary persons" -- either the owner, proprietor, sole shareholder, director, president, managing partner and the like.

Whether the listing of your name without your consent could happen without your knowledge depends on a number of facts which have not been explained:

What is the type of company (corporation, partnership, LLC, etc.)?

Where is the company organized (which country or state)?

What is the document that refers to you as a principal (articles of incorporation, a registration of some sort, a business license, or some other document)?

You state that you have "no ownership" in the company, but do you have any relationship: an employee, consultant, director, or other relationship?

Please re-post these and other facts, and we will try to answer these questions.

Hope this helps.

• J-Jobi4 years agoReport

I am the husband to the owner of the business but not listed anywhere as the principle.

• monnin

Principal Of A Company

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): principal small private company: https://bitly.im/fQgYp

What Is A Principal

I am a teacher and the practices being used at that school are absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Furthermore, I'm sure the parents who are paying private school tuition would NOT want their kids being belittled intellectually or emotionally. I wish I could tell you who you could go to, but it sounds like all the powers-that-be either don't care enough or are a part of the problem, plus you'd have to do it without endangering your own standing at your job. I would suggest you start documenting all the things you hear and see with specific dates, times, people involved. Sorry I can't suggest more.

• Laurie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axkgA

send an anonymous letter to an media outlet or at least get a tape recorder so you have proof