I want to make corn casserole but dont have jiffy corn muffin mix. Is there anything I can ue to substitute it

The recipe I am used to calls for 1 can of whole kernel corn, 1 can of cream corn, 8oz. sour cream, and 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix.

Favorite Answer

INGREDIENTS

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup yellow cornmeal

2/3 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon salt

3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 egg

1 cup milk

1/3 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

• czaja

Jiffy Muffin Mix Corn Casserole

any corn meal mix is usuable. To add a little kick to it, add some small green chili peppers.

The recipe I use is as follows:

1 can whole corn- drained and set aside

1 cancream corn

1 egg

1 box of corn muffin mix

1 stick of butter-melted

1 can small green chili peppers

Melt the butter, add the regular corn and cream corn and egg. Stir well. Add the muffin mix and chili peppers until well blended. Add any extra juice from the whole corn that was set aside if it seems to dry- Cook for 60 min at 350.

This was my grandmothers recipe and it doesn't last long in our house.

Good luck