sweets asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Does celexa cause weight gain or weight loss?

I keep flucuating between 128 and 132, was just wondering if anyone experinced loss or gain from taking celexa. I do eat healthy and excercise, i also have a active job that involves alot of walking.

Favorite Answer

hey sweets! i think we've chatted about this before but just in case i take celexa 40mg's daily have done for 2 and half yrs.

For me i found i lost weight i went from a healthy 65k to48k i am now 55k and struggle to to keep that weight on! I've never been this low i have always, all my adult life been 60 to 70k

1

Source(s): Shed lbs fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?rt88d

I have been on Celexa for 3 years now & I have gained weight. the doctors kept telling me that weight gain was a minimal side affect compared to Paxil, Prozac, etc..needless to say that I am not happy!!

I have been taking Celexa for about a year now, and have starting gaining only since taking this medication. I am debating on not refilling my prescripton.

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

• Doug

First, I dont believe pills "Cause" you to gain or lose weight. However, Celexa does cause an increased appetite, which if not watched will cause you to eat more and thus, gain weight. As far as losing, that is all on your own. My wife fluctuates in that same weight range regularly, without celexa.

make like a fish and swim at a leisurely pace for 17 minutes

Drink plenty of water daily

Eat five servings of fruits and veggies a day

Get monthly workout calender