Lakewine asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Tiger wears red on Sundays. Do other golfers refrain from wearing red on Sundays in deference to Tiger?

Favorite Answer

of course not - they pick out all of their clothes during the season (color combos, belts, hats, visors, pants, shirts) - the golfer has to confer with the sponsor to determine where that particular logo for that particular sponsor will be placed - obviously, the more the sponsor pays determines primary locations and size of lolo and/or stitching - the sponsor does not tell tell what colors to wear! sponsors will pay much much more for televised events and Major tournaments

Source(s): bb

Aaron Baddeley wore red yesterday in final round of BMW. Just not the same Tiger's red.

But I personally do not wear anything dark when playing golf, mostly it's yellow, white, or blue, with light color shorts. Perhaps the pro golfers are not that superstitious compared to Tiger.

You know I believe to an extent they actually don't wear red since it is viewed as his color. However honestly most golfers tend to wear white or lite colors in the summer just because the heat and the sweat that darker colors show. In the spring and late fall they generally have sweaters on so it's hard to tell.

Not really. They are pretty much told what to wear by there sponsors.But some do wear red on sunday. Like Luke Donald at last year PGA Championship.

But in general, it's no.

No. They usually wear what the sponsers tell them. Although sometimes they get there own choice, so its up to the player also. I have seen other players wear red on Sundays... there was two other at the last PGA Championship.

Source(s): Uncle is on PGA Tour

Absolutely...because if they don't play well, this "power color" will make them look stupid. Just look at Luke Donals at the 2006 PGA Championship. He was matched with Tiger on the last day and got ripped apart. Most players will avoid red on Sunday. If they are going to wear it, look for it Thursday - Saturday.

• first of all Tiger wears Red on the final day not Sunday. Example: Deutche Bank Championship. 2nd of all no players do not refrain from it. I have seen Rory Sabbatini wear red on the final day and also Stewart Cink

• x-15a2

Not really. Most golfers wear what their sponsors tell them to wear.

Thanks for repeating my answer, Will, Junior and golfbabe_92.

No, they wear whatever they sponsers want them to.

No. I think they wear whatever color they want to.