Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I was wondering....?

I was just wondering..... Where did the Catholic church get the 660 million dollars to pay sex abuse victims?

Favorite Answer

I live in Italy and 8% of almost every 1000 euro paid in taxes goes to the Vatican. This equals about 1billion euro per year. This is just from the Italian tax payer. Now in Austria there is a 400 euro church tax per year per family i think. The Vatican also has a bank which deals in investments, and also there is the tourism to Rome and other religious cities.

Imagine all the poor sick and hungry people that would feed.

For example the Pope is going to visit Vienna this week, and the total cost is 8million euro. What a waste!!!

• WTFWJD

$660 million???

That would feed a lot of hungry kids, wouldn't it?

It's too bad it's being wasted on that church. People starve so that some can maintain their superstitions.

From the very generous members of the Catholic Church. I think that they also got a pretty nice amount from their insurance company.

Yak(pbuh)

The Vatican has over 60 billion in banks around the world , although some believe this is much higher .

They get the money from those collection plates .

Took out an Insurance policy to cover the liability costs...

Well minnie would know she appearenlty goes to prisons to give advice to incarcersted women.Any one who claims thay have Gods spirit in them and give evil words for advice is demon infested. She advoctes my home broken into and being shot becuase I am frustrated that my dog is not territorial and I want my dog to be more aggressive to strangers. minnie needs to have her demon pryed out of her yahoo with the cross that hangs on her neck.

• Herb E

They got it from the people, they have a huge following, and they don't care about spending God's money.

What I would like to know; Where have you been, pull your head out of the sand.

The church roof fund, that's why all the roofs still need doing

From tithing believers...it's funny - there are people who would rather die than denounce their religion, but they're forking over money to pedophiles.

Insurance monies......and the Church has assets that it had to sell.