Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

How long did it take for the McCann twins to wake up that night.?

They must be heavy sleepers to sleep through all that commotion that was going on.

Favorite Answer

From what I've heard, they didn't wake up until the usual time the next morning. This is collated information from the police and other witnesses. And I think this has something to do with the police's line of inquiry, as well.

They seem to believe the McCanns sedated their children that night after two consecutive nights of complaints from neighbours about their children crying (so bad on 2 May that somebody from the resort had to go haul GK out of the bar and send him back to the apartment, where he sat with the kids until they fell asleep - Kate McCann stayed behind at the bar with her friends). I am wondering whether they believe Madeleine OD'ed. I do know that day it was very important for the McCanns to get the children to settle down at least by 7.30pm as they had to run off to watch a tennis tournament - they use going to this tournament as the reason why they arrived at the tapas bar 10 minutes later than scheduled.

My girl if really tired after swimming, later bed-time, sun, big supper could sleep through almost anything. There are children like this, I can hoover outside on the landing, get things from her wardrobe, the phone can be ringing anything!m Unless a bomb went off when she's tired she;ll sleep. That's the beauty of kids and hence the phrase sleeping like a baby!

After Kate found Maddy gone everyone rampaged through the room and the twins didn't wake up. Two hours later when the police arrived the twins were still asleep and even when 2 inspectors carried the twins outside they were still sleeping.

They had sedated all three children.Did Maddie die of a drugs overdose, or was she taken as an easy snatch because of her sleeping status. Where is Madeleine ? Is she still with us or is she in Spirit ? She must be somewhere in the Universe ! Can she see and hear us ? No child could sleep through that ,they would have normally woken up.They didn't sleep well is that why they were sedated ?

I haven't heard an official time at which they woke up, but they did sleep very heavily that night. They slept through Kate supposedly screaming that Maddie was missing, they slept through all the people being in the room and all that commotion. And it was stated that they were still sleeping when police arrived and even continued to sleep as police officers carried them out of the room. Very weird. My 2 year old son wakes up if a pin drops!

I have three children, and from experience I can honestly say that little kids can definetely sleep through the loudest of noise and commotions. Add sun, playing in the water all day, they could have been totally out. Very possible.

from what ive heard the police woke them up when they arrived 2 hours after the mccanns found out she was missing.

Somebody wrote, see above:

"another boring unemployed single mother"

Well, maybe you are boring, hired and married and not a mother.

Whats wrong with single mother all of a sudden? are you a married/single young employed boring guy?

I think all the people who speculate about what happened to Maddie are detective wannabes, including me. It's human nature to try and understand how things like this happen.

• Clare

All the speculation on here isnt getting us anywhere.