What is the difference between a nerd, a dork, a dweeb and geek?

Please explain to a Baby Boomer grandmother the differences between a nerd, a dork, a dweeb and a geek.

Favorite Answer

Geek: someone who's good with computers

Nerd: someone who is both highly intelligent and socially inept

Dork: Stupid person

Dweeb: A small-minded, selfish & unattractive person

• jaffe

Dweeb Report

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference nerd dork dweeb geek: https://shortly.im/B8Ewq

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/mM6QB

dork = socially inept nerd = has a nerdy hobby or interest such as sci-fi shows, comic book collecting, etc... Typically knows a lot of useless information. geek = technical/scientific version of the nerd, often one person can be described as both a nerd and a geek. dweeb, all of the above.

• Well, a nerd is someone who is very clever and is proud to show it, like showing everyone in the class they got 100 % or something and the other people get jealous so they found a word to describe them that sounds bad. Nerds normally have friends, but they probably aren't considerd very popular.

A dork is basically someone who is usually a wannabe, someone who tries to hard but looks very uncool. Usually they have no friends.

A dweeb is very similar to a dork but they aren't wannabe's, they are just uncool. Usually they have no friends.

A geek is someone who dresses very unfashionably (like high shorts or glasses) and doesn't care what everyone else thinks. They normally are considerd losers but they have friends, other geeks.

I didn't use a dictionary for these, just my own knowledge.

1. What is a nerd? - A foolish, inept, or unattractive person. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

2. What is a dork? - Slang A stupid, inept, or foolish person: "the stupid antics of America's favorite teen-age cartoon dorks" (Joshua Mooney).

3. What is a dweeb? - A person regarded as socially inept or foolish, often on account of being overly studious.

4. What is a geek? - A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.

A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

Conclusion: It appears that all four types are all pretty much the same. So, a geek is all three of the other types of individual as well. There, how is that for an answer?...lol. Now, because I could find the answers, relay them to you and form a conclusion, does that make me a any of those. I sure hope not, because otherwise I am going to shoot myself...lol. Cya later hon.

I pitty the FOOL who falls into those categories!

Mr.T think's they need a knuckle sandwhich!

Shut up you dweeb